So you want this team fixed? Time for some player accountability

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alzarius, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Couldnt agree more especially when you look at some of the other teams and compare the talent. I cant help but wonder what this team would look like if S.Payton,B.Belichick or any other successful coach who knows how to maxamize the talent on their rosters.

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

we seem to minimize our talent and run it in to the ground over and over again until there is nothing left!

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I said it once and Ill say it again, offensive line coaches make the worst head coaches.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Let me ask you a question, and be honest here

These are teams that with a few bounces our way (regardless of who is to blame) and we could have beat

Cheifs (even took refs helping)

Seahawks

Texans

Do you, or anyone disagree that we not only could have, but should have won those games?

We are then 6 and 2. There would be talk of Munch being coach of the year.

Sure, Munch is "ultimately responsible", but ffs, if our players would not have done stupid **** (or that WR from Houston showing he can make circus catches), we would be going into next weeks game tied with the Colts, playing for the division, and happy about our team right now, instead of all pissed off. Add in todays game, in which our players didnt give anyone a chance in the game, we would be 7 and 1. This is nothing like last season and although we definitely have problems, I do see improvement but our players are going to have to execute the simple. Its not Munch fault that a ref calls a bs call on a bs hit, its not Munchs fault that Britt drops an easy TD (which he did correct the problem, he benched Britt).

He is getting way too much grief for our problems and although I do understand where people are coming from, I just disagree.

5. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

Hmm, let's see...

If I had pigs flying out of my butt, exactly how relevant would a discussion of games WE SHOULD HAVE WON BUT ULTIMATELY DIDN'T be in regards to the productivity of our coaches vs our players?

How well did our offense play in the first half of the Texans game? And how well did our offense play in the second half? Same players. So what changed? It wasn't the conservative play-calling was it?

The point is, we DIDNT win those games. We lost those games. So talking 'what ifs' is a waste of time; your time to write it, my time to respond, and everyone else's time to read it. Coaches either put players in a position to use their talents to win ballgames or they don't. Our coaches, based on their track record, don't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alzarius

Nevermind

10 points the first half, 14 the second, pretty close?

Defense, dont feel like digging. You know as well as I do, halftime adjustments. You dont "adjust" catching the damn ball, or holding onto it. You change your plays, and schemes.The OC and DC do that, not Munch

No it wasnt a waste of time to write it because you just proved my point.

The coaches DID put those players in the position to win, they just failed

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

What would you consider "flat" to be? Should I have said not motivated? I mean we fumbled on the first freaking play of the game, our defense didn't do crap, our WRs would run past the chains on 3rd downs, we didn't even get a 1st down till nearly the 2nd quarter. Yeah this is on the players as well but off a sketch website watching the game in low quality I could predict our freaking offense every play. Run, run, short pass attempt, punt. That was the entire game.

Our players obviously didn't take this game seriously going into it but it's the staff's job to actually make sure they're prepared and they weren't. What exactly are coaches accountable for?

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The same people that demand respect from the media and asking why we're never covered and blah blah blah are the same ones who make excuses for losing to the ****ing Jaguars.

There is no excuse. Everyone on the team and staff is to blame, when you lose this game at home with playoff implications then the staff deserves to get fired. Throw a cherry on top and our supposed to be franchise QB is again injured and out for the year because he thinks he's a LB. I've never been more frustrated as a Titans fan than today.

9. Alzarius

Flat = uninspired, not trying, no motivation.

What I saw today was mistakes, not lack of effort. The fumble, was CJ screwing up (both of them). The Int, was locker showing is inaccuracy again.

Remember "The Replacements" and the "quicksand" speech? Thats what I saw today. However not until Fits handed the ball off to the wrong team, did I feel like this team ever gave up.

10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I think I took the first couple losses MUCH worse. Now I'm just comfortably numb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar