So who do yall want?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wplatham, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

So we've seen most of the roster cuts now, and Fisher has promised us 4 or 5new additions to the team. So who would yall like to see us pick up? A few names that stuck out to me:

Rob Petiti, OL - young guy who started all 16 games last year. Could be a great addition to our sub-par O-Line

Rocky Boiman, LB - We all know who he is. Not a starter, but he does provide quality depth.

Carlos Hall, DE - Another ex-Titan. Now he wasn't anything special during his time here, but he can't be any worse than Schobel

Dan Klecko, DT - Solid second-tier DT. Would bring a few rings with him, too.

Other Notables - LB Monty Beisel, CB Eric Warfield, CB Duane Starks, G Toniu Fonoti, LB Keith Adams, Antowain Smith, T Kelly Butler, LB Sam Cowart

Notable Rookies who were cut - S Charlie Peprah (A few people around here liked him), G Fred Matua, DE Orien Harris, QB Omar Jacobs (train him on PS to become Young's backup?), T Jabari Levey, T Adam Stenavich, DT Montavious Stanley

Just a little to think about.

*Late Addition
    Robaire Smith, DT - Another former Titan who I think would be a great addition to our D-Line.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

add robaire smith to that list

3. wplatham

Yeah, I just saw that.

4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

toni fonoti
    robaire
    matua
    hall
    and jacobs (we need to develop a 3rd stringer) why not get a guy that is similar in style to young

doubt we'll get them all... though somebody said robaire could sign with whomever he wants and doesnt deal with waivers. not sure why but that'd be nice. just keep him away from henry.

5. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Robaire Smith. He was cut by the texans.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he has more than three years experience, so he doesnt go on to the waiver wire. he's just a typical free agent.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Omar Jacobs does not have a similar style as Vince. the only thing in common the two of them have is that they play QB and they are black.

8. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

nendzone posted this on another titans site..

SteelCityInsider.com reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have signed eight players to their practice squad today, giving them a total of nine practice squad players, including one who is part of the NFL's International Player Development Program. Each of the practice squad players participated in the team's training camp, including QB Omar Jacobs, RB Cedric Humes, FB John Kuhn, TE Jon Dekker, OT Brandon Torrey, DE Orien Harris, DE Shaun Nua and CB Anthony Madison. WR Marvin Allen, who is part of the NFL's International Player Development Program, will remain on the Steelers practice squad through the entire 2006 season.

So much for Omar Jacobs.... but I really would've liked Orien Harris... I think.

9. wplatham

We can claim players off of other teams' practice squads, can't we?

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yes you can sign players from other teams practice squads. Though I think they have the option to promote them to their own active roster if they don't want to part with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar