So who are the SPECIAL players to rush the passe

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yea.. We need to bring in AT LEAST 2 big DE's.. Whether one is via FA and the other in the 1st round in the draft, just because ONE of those moves happens, doesn't eliminate the need for the other move to happen as well..

The oft injured Morgan is the ONLY DE on the roster right now.. We need to add 2 names (Perry & Mathis) and hopefully re-sign Jones.. Or ONE of Ball/Hayes as a body to have.. And then round out the rest via camp invites or something..

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'd be interested in taking an early DE and DT, as well as a later 5-7 rnd DE also.

1 DE
    2 DT
    3 C
    4 S
    Comp LB
    5 DE
    6 G
    7 WR/cb/de
    Make sure we have multiple bodies.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Looking at last year draft, It could be possible to take multiple defensive ends like we took tackles this past year. I really hope we pick up some lineman via free agents, so we could have a solid defensive draft. With DE, DT, S address in the first 3 rounds no particular order.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Mercilus has upside. He's a risky pick. I've watched this guy a ton, and he always seemed small and slow. However, he's put on 10lbs pure muscle and looked fluid in drills. Id still like to see him improve a ton with pass rush moves.

I still think he's an early 2nd.

5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I like the idea of going D-line 1 and 2. But if we manage to land a Starting DE in FA there are a couple of decent looking 4th-5th round guys like M.Jackson or J.Bequette.
    Also Couples,Ingram and Perry all look awesome.

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yes. More specifically a FA OC. Allowing Amano to move to his true position guard, thus filling two major holes.

No. Finny is going to want atleast ~8M, you don't pay safeties that type of money. Finny could be a solid S, but he's not going to accept a paycut and a position change.

Yes please, but I think safety is our 2nd biggest need. Hopefully our draft goes: DE - S - DT - CB/OG. There is only 4 safties IMO worth a 2nd: Barron, Harrison Smith, Markelle Martin, and George Iloka.

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I'll take that line up too if yea DT have that huge of a depth.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I really don't think Iloka is worth more than a 4th or 5th rnd pick. I watched him at the senior bowl and was underwhelmed and he just hasn't looked great to me in the drills today either.

I think he is being pushed up draft boards because the safety class is so weak this yr.

I still think that a great move would be to draft trumaine Johnson or Casey hayward and turn them into FS.

I also think that playing with only 1 safety and 3 CBs as a base defense makes sense if you truely are going to get bigger upfront to stop the run then you better get better in coverage on the back end.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I've bought into Nick Perry in a major way. A 270+ guy with a decent array of pass rush moves (who happens to run a sub 4.7) is amazing to me. This dude just screams 1st round pick to me. It would also continue a trend that we started last season of grabbing 3-4 players even though we are a 4-3 defense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar