So what happens if Rusty is pretty good?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by joeman546, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

Haha, this isn't Madden...

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You mean VY don't you?

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Vince has 0 trade value... maybe a 6th or 7th round pick. If Rusty lights it up, Vince's trade value drops even further.

Here's my genius prediction because I've seen it twice already:

Rusty comes in and averages 300 yards/game the rest of the season winning 5 of the last 6. At 10-6 we sneak into the playoffs where we lose to Baltimore again. Fast forward to next season we have a QB controversy, but Fisher sticks with Rusty. We go 0-4 and Bud fires Fisher, puts Young in who sparks the team into an 8 game win streak.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

To the OP...we keep playing him. Dumb question. What else would we do?

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

My prediction is:

Rusty gets hurt on the first drive, Chris Simms comes into the game. He sucks. We lose some more games, miss the playoffs and still get a pretty crappy draft pick.

VY is QB next season, Fisher is still head coach and everything stays the same.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

if rusty turns out to be good then i say go ahead and trade VY but the most i could see us getting for VY at this point is a 5th round pick

7. emong

emong Rookie

I'll use him as my fantasy QB next week

8. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Rusty is one and done. Collins will take over next week.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Nobody would give us anything for Vince. He's owed 8.5 million or something like that next year. He's not starting QB material because despite his improvement or his ability to win games, he's shown time and time again that he's not mature enough to handle QBing an NFL team. He has zero trade value.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I also think that at halftime, VY will come down from the rafters "Sting" style (from old school WCW) and challenge Fisher to a cage match.

• High Five High Five x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar