So we went for it twice on 4th down...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Converted both, then the next 4th down from the Jags 10... we kick a field goal?!?

Then the next 4th down, with less than 8 minutes left, we punted???

Is this reality? did that really happen?

2. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Is Jeff Fisher coach?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

We are going to be featured prominently in the Tuesday Morning Quartback "buck, buck, Buuuuck" portion of his weekly 10 page article.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Yes it did. I'm actually surprised Fishdouche went for any 4th downs at all. He must have forgot that it worked before. What a surprise

5. globelieves

globelieves Starter

A field goal did seem rather pointless...but I guess it was an issue of yardage and probability. Whimpy, IMO.

6. Alex1939

Ok, I'm glad to know that's what happened. I'm hobo drunk and just laughed and had fun the whole game. No point in caring when you know this is what youre gonna get from the team.

I'm glad to know I witnessed us punting on 4th down with a chance to come back in the game. That's when I thought I left the game, so I'm glad to know that's what actually happened. Can anyone defend the decision to punt then?

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think that on the last 4th down you reference, we were planning to punt, then after the Hags challenged the tuck rule call (and lost), we actually went for it (and failed)...but that is just my memory.

8. Alex1939

Cool. I'll have to figure it out tomorrow :drunk:

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. I'm sure Fishbag was "playing the percentages" or whatever. But I do not get calling for the FG in that situation at all. We're down by 14. It's the 4th quarter. And it was only the second time we'd even sniffed the red zone all day. And we kick the FG? Total puss decision and but another example of Fisher's lack of a killer instinct. Even after the FG we were still down by two scores. :rolleyes:

I guess Fisher is more content to take the 3 and pray for a couple defensive TDs or some other series miracles rather than taking a gamble deep in Jags territory.

So sick of this clown. Give me a coach with some balls please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar