So was this Loss really on Vince...Denver next

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Nov 13, 2007.

?
  1. Yes, BRING IN COLLINS!!!

12.0%
  2. Yes, but he is getting better....

8.0%
  3. No...he did enough to win....the D blew it

32.0%
  4. The D and VY are both to blame

48.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Albert's hammy should take a lot of the blame. In my opinion, he's been the MVP of the team so far, if not the Defensive MVP in the NFL. He was surely missed this past week.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Yep, I actually got to witness a man stand still and make $50,000,000 plus. Is America great or what!

3. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

It's not fair to say that either the D or the O can take any weeks off. Its a team game, good defense usually results in good offensive chances, likewise a good offense means that the defense should have to be on the field less which should in turn help them.

In this game, we became suspect to the run - no AL, and as a result had to rely predominantly on our offense to get us back into the game. The Offense did so, but unfortunatly the Jags defense came up huge in the endzone and stopped our rally.

Do I think that VY played great, or that his performance at any time this year was HOF worthy? No.
    Did he play like a 2nd year QB? Yes.
    Should he run more to help establish his pass? Yes.
    Will he get better once we add a WR/TE threat? Yes.

Should his 2nd year stats be better? Not necessarily!

It has been said over and over again during the pre-season that the titans will struggle because a lack of offensive weapons surrounding VY, and that is exactly what is happening. We do not have any real WR threats and our RB is not great but manageable (remember he was also out early during the loss to the Titans). The reason we have done so well thus far is due to our Def stepping up and making plays. Our success should remind you of the Bears from last season, where the Defense scores or sets up the offense to score through great field position. If I remember right, that defense much like the Ravens defense took both teams to the Super Bowl, and both teams lacked the talent of VY and the possibility of a break out offense through the inclusion of a WR threat (If you want to take the Bears analogy further, I would suggest comparing Devin Hester to Pac on ST if/when he comes back).

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I blame the loss squarely on the Faguars.

They played above their level and came out with the win.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The performance of the D dropped off without Haynesworth but the D played well enough for us to win.

The Jags played well on both sides of the ball but in the 1st half our offensive play calling left our D on the field for too long & they wore down.

I blame the loss on offensive coaching be it Chow,Fisher or a combination of both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar