So, the Ravens Offered Mac $12 Million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titantonic, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That sounds like the same report from earlier this week.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I hope so, but it's the top line item on KFFL's site right now. If I'm figuring out the time zone thing right, it would've been posted today at about 7 eastern, 6 central.

3. TitanJeff

I'm not seeing anything confirmed locally yet or espn. I wonder if this is just a misunderstanding of the earlier report?

4. Broken Record

Could be. KFFL has been wrong before by trying to scoop some other outlets. I haven't seen this language before, though, and they are citing Schefter (who also sometimes gets a little over zealous in his reporting). I'll go turn on NFL network and see if they are saying anything.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i don't think he said the trade was actually in place when watching the show tonight, but who knows....

they showed vince throwing today too, gotta love it!

Attached Files:

6. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I'm gonna say this again... I say that Volek's our man. McNair's main concern is longevity now. The birds from the north have probably been whispering in his ear stuff like "ditch the Titans and come up here and win us 3 or 4 Super Bowls before you retire...you can do it!" or maybe they are getting D-Mase and Samari to lobby for him to jump teams. I can tell you now that if a QB blows up this much over something as little as being temporarily barred from the training facilities due to the "business part" of the sport, he didn't have much interest in staying in the first place. He was looking for the Titans to do anything at all to "disrespect" him so that he could blow it out of proportion. Who wants a leader like that anyway? Volek, your day has come! Give us a few good years and get us back to the level of competition that we yearn for! :ha:

7. Broken Record

I checked Schefter's story from yesterday and he's got a quote very similar, but it says the Ravens and McNair have agreed on the parameters of a deal instead of the Ravens and Titans.

8. TitanJeff

:eek:

Attached Files:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Jeff, is that the "big one" ?

10. Broken Record

It IS the big one! hahaha...:ha:

After seeing that Schefter used such similar language in his story, I think it's likely that's where the KFFL quote is coming from and they have misreported it.

I guess that's why KFFL says on their website

"...the industry leader bar none (we know because our competitors use KFFL's Hot Off The Wire to stay up-to-date themselves)"

I suppose if they want to stay up to date with half truths, it's a deal worth doin':winker:

The media sure is chomping at the bit to report this story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar