So Ravens... What's Mcnair worth to ya?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thought Bruce Banner was the Hulk?

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Survey says:

yup. Gunny is right.

3. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

I'm not that sharp on my Marvel comics!!

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Oh my bad. I forgot how much better than Mcnair Kelly Holcomb was. And Gus Ferrote. And Brooks Bolinger. And Kyle Boller. And Charlie Frye. And David Carr. And Trent Green. And Kerry Collins. Whoops my bad, i guess your right.

5. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I heard Bart Starr also turned it down saying, "it ain't mah conference"... :rolleyes: :lol:

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

So originally the word was that the Ravens offered us a five but we wanted a four. Now on ESPN today they're saying we were offered a four that could become a three but turned it down seeking a three that could become a TWO? I'm really starting to think we should settle this.

7. The Fanatic

The Fanatic Guest

"I'm really starting to think we should settle this."

Ya think?

As a Raven fan, I think the price of a fourth escalating to a third is too high to pay for a guy that very well may be had for nothing in a few weeks.

If I were a Titan fan, I'd be furious that my GM was refusing this offer for a guy that very well may have to be released in a few weeks.

If you guys release Mcnair, and we snatch him up (which appears to be the way it's going to be), Floyd Reese is gonna look like a bigger jjack *** then he already does now.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

As a Ravens fan...

Which would you rather have...McNair now with enough time to learn the offense and bring all his talent and skills to your starting QB spot from game one (costing you a 3rd and 12 mil)...

or

get him for only $12mil but he might not know the offense for the first few games....

or

should the Titans keep him....have Kyle Boller start again, and again, and again, and again, ect.

???

The escalator clause is a mute point unless it's a BS one. If McNair makes the Pro Bowl as your starting QB, that means you guys probably had an excellent season anyway so it will hurt a lot less giving up a 3rd instead of a 4th (or even a late second instead of a mid - 3rd.

Think about it!

Gut

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I would take even just a third straight up, so long as it was a first day pick. And you know, it would be worth it to me to just keep him until the last minute, forgoing draft picks, for him and the Ravens to have a crummy season. I do wish Steve success, but, the Ravens wanted to play cutesy and offer low picks and try and undercut us.....I know the 4th to 3rd is better, but seriously, Titans hold the cards, upon further review...we have McNair, and if we wanted to keep him, we could just make the room to sign the picks. The Ravens should have been offering a third from the get-go. The fifth was just insulting, and now the teams are playing chicken because of it. If the Titans want to release McNair after being offered a day one pick, okay. If it's more hokey-pokey, I wouldn't mind giving Baltimore the washed-up McNair version closer to July. A month or so is good enough for him, isn't it?

I'm feeling vengeful today. :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar