So Mularkey is our coach for next season and beyond

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

LMFAO

Okay, buddy.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No they're not. Just look at the Titans after we got rid of Fisher (and I was championing his firing). We sucked for many years, with different coaches. It's impossible to know if Fisher would have done better than Whisenhunt and Munchak, but looking strictly at results, it was a mistake to fire Fisher.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Is this my cue to mention Fisher's sofa again?

Fisher had plenty of opportunity to prove us wrong in StL and LA.

He has a comfy couch in Nashville now, and Stafford is freed.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Because a coach isn't doing well with one team, doesn't mean he won't do well with another and vice versa.

Mularkey turned the Titans from a losing team to a winning team, so by your own logic he is proving the Bills and Jaguars wrong right now.

5. avvie

Nope. Mularkey was pretty clear about his trouble with obstructionist ownership. Fisher never had that problem.

6. apathaeticTN

apathaeticTN Starter

if we the fans didn't have online blogs to wake up the sheep fisher and his .500 record would still be the coach...It took a monumental campaign from tennessee fans to finally get him out of here. Mularkey is already much better than Fish as his record is above 500...fisher had more issues with playcalling than Terry R. and MM hands down good riddance he is gone rams with the help of Stephen A. woke up to this fact much sooner than titans

#136 apathaeticTN, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    • High Five High Five x 3
  7. apathaeticTN

apathaeticTN Starter

i agree if Robiskie is gone that will be a big first step; players wanting to play for their coach i believe is a little overrated bottomline your job as a coach is to get these players ready to play and prepared its not about being 'liked' or being their 'bruh' there have been many a players' coach who have coached in the NFL and are no longer coaching you need to be able to push them outside of their comfort zone. I'm sure there are many inside the pats org who will tell you off record that brady is and ******* but he pushes teammates and holds them accountable and he has 5 rings

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Not sure I follow you here..

9. avvie

Don't remember the details on the Jags but IIRC he quit the Bills because the ownership was crippling him. Fisher got unimpeded support for 16 years from Bud Adams, protecting his staff in full crony mode. The only exception was the VY draft, in which BA made it personal against Houston.
    Sporting media insisted for years that Fisher was a great coach without ever offering anything to back it up. When Fisher finally left TN and became the lead story for the media to investigate, they all found that they had been dead wrong all those years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

ok I get you. But my point isn't that Fisher is a good coach, my point is that we didn't improve by firing him. The fans wanted him gone thinking it couldn't get worse, but it certainly didn't get better.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar