So how many deals will fall apart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

So this is the first time with this 3 day window of negotiations. Do you all think any of these reported deals will fall apart tomorrow?

It is usually the player or agent who is releasing the info about the deal because they are the ones who benefit by propagating the bidding war.

I could see some GM feeling the heat and at the last minute offering an even bigger deal than has been reported as done that the player/agent just can't pass up.

Will be interesting to watch

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

don't know. Players already know where they want to go. They'll probably only reconsider if another team really pays more.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Most players will make the rounds to all teams interested in them, I dont think many deals will "fall apart".

Now if you mean to ask how many deals will slip through the Titans fingers, probably a few... Get ready to miss out on a few guys on your wish lists...

See Carry Williams

damn you Seahawks :reaction:

#3 JCBRAVE, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The McPhee deal with only 16mil guaranteed would be a deal that I think some GM could make a run at. I could see the Colts offering him the same deal but with 20mil guaranteed....does 4mil more guaranteed and a chance to play on a contender in a system you are familiar with sway him to sign with the Colts.

5. amy

amy Starter

Does this mean we would have to break the bank in order to sign any who 'might' be an upgrade?

6. nickmsmith

Yep. That's why they gave McCluster a deal that nobody else would have, way more than he was worth in anyone's mind. I'd certainly take a discount to play for one of the perennial playoff teams. Tampa, Jax have florida weather and beach scenery. Nashville has to bait the FAs some other way.

When they were winners, it was easier for sure. At this point, drafting well is the only way to build a good team, because those players don't have a choice.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I gotta be honest. I would rather just cut DMC and roll with Sankey, Seastrunk, and a pounder back taken in the draft or in FA. The dude went down as fast as CJ last year. Couldn't break one tackle.

8. nickmsmith

Bad signing, no doubt about it. Even if he gets nearly 1,000 yards next year (snowball's chance in hell) he would barely be worth the money.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree man. Just cut your losses and get better at the position. It is what it is. We have the cap space. Don't try to force a square peg into a round hole.

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Yea I don't see many falling apart. All the teams that were interested have had their chance and the reason the deals are "final" are because those other teams couldn't match the winning team's contract offer among other things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar