So Gunny....Silent Hill....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bobo, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Finally saw the movie, and I must say......um....freaky :whoop: Been awhile since I played the game, but it seemed like a decent representation. But was there a plot from game to game? I imagine of there was, it wasn't the same as the movie.

Well I know you liked the game, so I figured you saw the movie. If so, what's up with that ending?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I expected more from the movie. It combined elements from SH 1 and 2 and it's own story.

As for the ending (from memory I haven't seen it in awhile) the wife was in the 'alternate' Silent Hill 'world', and the husband was in the normal world.

I would have to watch it again but I think that is how I remember it.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah, that's how it ended.....well it seemed anyway. And did the "monster" version of the girl enter her again? Makes ya wonder if there's a sequal planned.

For a video game movie, which usually suck, I thought it was ok. But maybe that's just because I usually like any scary/freaky movie.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Video game movies have higher expectations and shorter length to make it work. Games take hours to develop, movies only have 2 hours to do so.

They set up a sequel, whether it is done is another story.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Since we're on this topic--videogame movies--I really enjoyed the Resident Evil series....and saw that a new one was coming soon.
    i haven't played the games...I tried, but RE4 scared the hell out of me...I never got into the village.

Aw, maaann.....that makes me a wuss, doesn't it? :hmm:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yes, you are missing out with RE4, it is the best one out there (except for the initial scare factor of RE1)

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I just couldn't aim that friggin gun...I start panicking when I start betting my butt kicked.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

practise and soon you will become a dirty harry.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm always behind the times....I haven't played RE4 yet :banned:

I'm playing Black now....nicccce.

I think I'll actually get GOW2 fairly early. Looks too sweet. And I gotsa sweet tooth.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

GOW2 is a freaking amazing game. I think it's slightly better than the first one, and the first one just got named the greatest game in PS2 history by IGN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar