So far, "UGLY" is the word.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Right now, we're at #6. Houston is the only team sure to draft ahead of us. If we lose to the Jags and any of the current 3-win teams (SF, NYJ, NO, GB) win again, we'd draft ahead of them.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

hmmm that is interesting, not that i can see all those teams winning.

3. SF could easily beat the Texans. The rest probably won't win, but you never know.

Hell, we play against a team that has nothing to play for and a palyoff game the following week, so the Jags could fail to show up and we could win...

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think that the Jets certainly have a shot at beating Buffalo at home. Seattle will rest all its starters against GB and Farve will want to end the season and possibly his career on a winning note. And 49ers can take Texans. I don't think that NO will beat TB in Tampa when they are playing for a playoff spot. So I think our best case scenario is picking 3rd which would be great. We could have a shot at Bush still because Houston could trade the top pick to NO who takes Leinart as their franchise QB and the owner then really pushes to move the team to LA. Houston then takes Ferguson at #2 because he is a true franchise LT and if you don't have one you don't pass one up. That leaves Bush falling to us at #3. It would take a bunch for that to happen but the scenario isn't that far fetched.

The amazing thing is that if the Texans kicker could have made a freakin' FG then we would be drafting #1 right now.

5. Nash

Nash Starter

The most likely scenario is for the 49ers to win...then Houston is #1, and I'm guessing New Orleans and the Jets for 2 and 3, Green Bay is 4, and we are 5..it will be very close between NO and the Jets because the opposition winning percentage was the same going into this weekend, so it could even wind up with a coin toss...both of those teams need a QB so the worse team takes Lineart..that leaves us with some interesting leverage.. we can either trade for Rivers, or trade down a little and take Cutler, and pick up a 2nd or 3rd...San Diego may be forced to give us a #3 to sweeten the deal or we take Cutler ...

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can see Houston beating the 49ers.

7. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i hope not but i bet they do...
    unfortunately (depends how you look at it) i think we'll beat the jags. they are gonna sit half their team to rest for the playoffs and fisher will want to end on a good not like last year.

santa please bring me reggie bush for christmas

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i doubt we'd get bush even if available.

9. paraconspiracy

me too... but a guy can always dream

10. paraconspiracy

what part of austrailia are you from gunny?

just wondering a guy on the other side of the world became a titans fan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar