So, does anyone here know what Davidson County Jail is like...?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by onetontitan, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sorry to hear your problem buddy. I have had similar issues myself. I live in Connecticut where the laws are different so my experiences may not help much. I will however say this; if you pay into the whole 'judicial' system (getting a lawyer) the court will be much more on your side than if you represent yourself. I know your probably freaking out a little, but keep cool. The courts don't necessarily want to throw you in the slammer, they want to set an example and teach you a lesson. Go to court in remorse, and make it look like you've learned your lesson. No judge likes a smart :grrr::grrr::grrr: 22 year old, trust me I'm 22 and I learned the hard way.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

While on the topic- it pains me to know how much the courts are about 'who you know'. Amazingly, my last court date there was nothing they could do for me since I hadn't paid all my fees. I was going to be placed on probation (thanks, attorney!), and couldn't get another court date.

So during recess, I have to do what I didn't want to do. I go get a family member from down the hall- she steps in, and within 2 seconds I get a 'why didn't you tell us??? Awww shucks! Man!! C'mon, let's get you another court date'.
    The reason I didn't TELL them that I had about 5 connections in that building in my immediate family was because I shouldn't have to. If I can get 2 dates, the next man should be able to.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

What is wrong with this picture???:rolleyes:

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I don't know if your court date has come up yet, but I had a similar circumstance here in Kentucky a few years ago. Here's what happened with me. I made a mistake and drove home after a party (I had quit drinking for a few hours) I was pulled over, and charged with a DUI. (I was under 21, and blew a .07 which is under the legal limit in Kentucky) Since I was under 21 at the time, it was a zero tolerance DUI.

Long story short, my license was suspended and I was pulled over a block from my house, a few months after my DUI, while my license was suspended.

I went to jail that night, and my friend bonded me out 30 mins later.

I went to court about a month later, and when they called me, I didn't have an attorney, and I talked to the prosecutor myself. I told her my situation, I was straight up with her, and I told her if she gives me probation, she will never have to see my face again in court. She said, "Okay, don't drive until your license is valid"

Even tho driving on a DUI suspended license was an infraction of my probation that resulted from the DUI itself, instead of giving me more probation, the case was DISMISSED and its not even on my record, nor did I get more probation. I didn't even have pay Court Costs.

Am I lucky? You betcha? Have I been in court since that whole ordeal? Knock on wood. No I havent. That was several years ago, and I refuse to get behind the wheel again even after one beer.

I doubt you will get 30 days. You may have to do weekends in jail for a month. Something can get worked out.

Here are my tips

1) Be respectful. Dress nice in court. Whatever they say goes.
    2) Almost always take the plea bargain. It will be better than going to trial.
    3) Give the prosecutor your word that you never want to see him/her again. People are willing to take you at your word once, especially if what you did was non-violent and a crime against state rules, not against humanity (i.e. selling drugs / killing or hurting someone)
    4) Make sure you are completely paid up with the court and the state. Any court costs, or fees or anything you owe the state will make you look alot better than someone who owes the state a ton of money.

Best of luck to you my friend. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. :)

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Absolutely get an attorney regardless of any shortterm debt it would put you in. These guys make all the difference.

It's the safest thing you can do and the best advice you can receive at a football forum. The guys are professionals for a reason.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ah, Memphis...

7. GoTitans3801

TitansErik and Alex both give good advice. Dress well, be polite, and get an attorney if at all possible.

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

bring doughnuts...that might help
    [​IMG]

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

??
    And I had an attorney appointed to me, just because I didn't truly think I needed one. He looked at me a bit funny when I told him how much I make though. I thought they might make me get my own, but nope. All is good.

10. GoTitans3801

Again, Ah, Memphis...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar