So, does anyone here know what Davidson County Jail is like...?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by onetontitan, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I got a state citation for driving under a suspended license (8 hours before I got my license back). This is my second offense. So, most likely, i'm looking at 30 days in the big house.

Anyone have any suggestions? (let the "dropping the soap" jokes begin)...

If you've been there, is there some things I should know? Does anyone know any good attorneys? Any feedback would help!

If I got to jail, I will ultimately lose my job and therefore, will lose my apartment. Its a bad day for me...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Probably should obey the law then.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Damn, that sucks dude...chalk it up to you will always have something to tell the grand kids.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Damn that sucks man!

http://dcso.nashville.gov/inmatesearch/pages/Search.faces

5. wtenn

wtenn Starter

Maybe they'll let you serve your time on the weekends. Or maybe they have work release, where you can get out during the day and go to work and then report back when your shift is over. I had a DUI several years ago and had to spend a few days locked up (not in Davidson County), and I remember several people leaving and going to work during the day. Definitely get a lawyer though.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm psyching myself out because i've watched a lot of OZ, The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, 25th Hour, etc....

I can fight, but I doubt it will help my case.

7. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Well that sucks and theres not much to fight when it comes to a suspended dl either the license was suspended or it wasnt the time you were driving. Suspended DL charges usually get suppressed if you took the time and paid the money to get your license back. Hopefully you get Judge Eisenstien who usually is pretty liberal as long as you fixed the problem. If you do spend some time it wont be for awhile being that you book yourself three weeks down the road and then have a court date set pending how you plea. Then you can go to a preliminary if you choose. Either way if its only your second time you should be alright dont sweat it and if you insist on an attorney i would go with Duzane or Mcgee.
    What really sucks is that you no longer qualify for a citation now that this is the second or more offense for the same infraction.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. wtenn

wtenn Starter

The reason I think you need an attorney is so that they can work something out, such as work release, so you will be able to keep your job. Sorry for your bad fortune though, I hope you get it worked out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm just a 22 year old kid. My mom had a stroke and I've been trying to support her, and the problem is that my car kept breaking down and it wouldn't pass emmisions. So I kept getting registration citations, but what could I do about it? I have a job at a law firm (not this kind of law) which provides me with healthcare benefits and an excellent salary, which I will most likely lose. Ugh.

Its funny. I know people that have gotten DUI's that have spent less time in jail.

10. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

And those people that got those DUI's had Rich Mcgee he is a monster when it comes to stuff like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar