So again, I ask... Who's the best QB in the league THIS YEAR?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Peyton won't be the best ever until he gets another ring. $ mvps mean nothing when you have the same number of SB wins as Roethlisberger, Eli, Brees, and Warner. Brady has alot more so he at least has to pass him. I don't care how many yds he passes for, the real stat is how many playoff wins does he have? How many B appearances does he have? 4 MVP's, 2 SB Appearances, 1 Win. Doesn't look too great. His career is far from over but until those stats change he won't be the best.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This is a great post and even greater point Jonne, this is where the money's made as far as history goes. Brady has more rings, so right now, he's still got Peyton beat.

Back to the OP, Brees was the best QB in the league THIS YEAR and he really deserved all the hardware, he's a class act. I still can't stand New Orleans though.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Actually Peyton wins half the time in playoffs.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Vince Young
    the final drive vs. Arizona was legendary
    I don't think Manning, Brady, Brees, et al. could have pulled that off
    add to the fact that not one touch during that drive went to CJ

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

When you look at Vince Young's career, he's probably had more memorable moments than Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady combined. All he has too do is add one memorable superbowl. I believe he is one of the few quarterbacks/players who could get in the Hall of Fame without the numbers most players would need.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Ehh let me see.

VY: 21pt comeback vs NY, Overtime run vs Hou, The NE game,Music City March.

Manning,Brees,Brady: SB Win,SB Win, SB WinS

Let's give him some more time.:ha::ha:

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Brees played the best game in the biggest game, that makes him the best this year. I think everyone would have agreed two weeks ago that if one QB played better than the other in the Super Bowl, they would be considered the best this year. Got to say, I'm glad to see Manning choke again, I was worried that he'd exorcised his demons with his super bowl ring.

I'd still say Manning has been better over the long term. We'll see what the future holds.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

First off, Roethlisberger has TWO Superbowl wins. Second, if quarterbacks are rated by SB wins, is Terry Bradshaw the greatest ever? Third, your logic is flawed.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I love how a few people (well, more than a few) continue to say nonsense like "Well, he was better last night, but that doesn't mean he was the better QB this year"...

Uhhh...

HE WAS BETTER ALL SEASON. Look at the numbers. He was better the entire year.

I swear some people just cover their eyes and want to be wrong just so they don't have to change their minds.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

As for Garcon's drop?... Colston dropped a huge pass that would have been a first down too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar