Smash and Dash may not last long?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vyisgr8t, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Unless I'm mistaken, Lendale had all of 2 fumbles throughout the entire season, including the playoffs. I don't think holding onto the ball is his problem, 15:2 is a TD:FUM ratio I'll take from any player any season period. My problem is the speed/quickness:strength ratio. Lendale isn't quick to the hole at all, and he doesn't break tackles to compensate. CJ is not only faster but I'm willing to argue more powerful a runner then Lendale is. I want someone who will churn out 3-5 yards after contact, a la Bettis, Marion Barber, Brandon Jacobs, etc...I do agree that he can be productive though, he was productive this season, the question is, can someone else be as productive in Lendale's areas of 'expertise' while also contributing elsewhere. I think so.

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I agree with everything you said but if Fred T. comes here then some bodies are going to have to go including LW. Hes going to make $530,000 in "09" so it wouldnt be a big hit for the Titans if they let him go but i'm not quite sure Fisher would do that. If they let go Henry and Ganther which i'm assuming they would do to bring Fred T. in and keep LW then your going to have some problems. Knowing the Titans normally keep 2 RB's active on game day i can almost bet my house on it that LW would stir some ruckus up because he would probably be the guy not activated. Freddy T has always spoke highly of the Titans and Fish so its definitely something to keep an eye on this offseason,i'm all for it though

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd guess henry is gone regardless of whether we bring in taylor or not. so if taylor comes in there are our five backs(ganther, johnson, taylor, white and hall). white could still be active, like i said, i think he has a spot on this team because he is an effective goal line/short yardage back, but he would definitely have to play special teams if he's going to be the third back and play them better than ganther.

4. KY_Titans7

KY_Titans7 Guest

I like LW as a short yardage back and a back up for CJ. Like LW with Bush at USC, we have our own thunder and lighning with Johnson and White.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

except our thunder isn't very thunderous.

6. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

We all saw LW barely make it back to to the sidelines in KC after he broke that 80 yard run. Asking him to sprint 80yards,dodge defenders, and then go make a tackle is something i cant even think about let along watch:ha:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have been a big supporter of LW but in all honesty if a team offered a 2nd for him i would take it. Any 2nd. It is because he probably only has one more year for us and we can replace him either with fred taylor or a draft pick or even with ganther who is more versatile and can perhaps be a power back for us.

We just need a tough yardage back to spell CJ so he doesn't wear down. CJ should never get more than 250 carries a season.

What is most likely is that LW will be with us next year and very motivated for a big deal and a starting job in 2010. As jeff said he costs little against the cap now so unless we were offered a 2nd rd pick he will be here one more season.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The thing we have to remeber about lendale is that he is so young. Just turned 24 despite having 3 seasons under his belt. So he has decent accomplishments while being young enough to still have most of his career still ahead of him.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

We aren't going to improve as a team if we keep adding pieces needed to the puzzle.

Trading and replacing LW would be a very unnecessary gamble at this time.

10. KY_Titans7

KY_Titans7 Guest

I totally agree. We would be stupid to trade away Lendale. There is just no reason for it. Lendale is an excellent power/short yardage back. Along with Johnson as the fast, big play back, we are set in the backfield.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar