Smash and Dash may not last long?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vyisgr8t, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vyisgr8t

vyisgr8t Guest

After seeing how Lendale struggled all day against the Ravens made me realize. Lendale is never able to really be affective against teams that can stop the run. While CJ did everything right. Do you really think after Lendales contract ends that we will be scrambling to keep him? I doubt it. he wont find big money anywhere and may have to settle for a bare minimum contract. Because CJ does not need Lendale to be sucessful. As you saw yesterday.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

What I've called them after about week 5 or so: Smokey & the Bandit - Very true on so many levels

3. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

White has one year left on his contract right? I would try to trade him this offseason for a second round pick if possible though we probably would have to settle for a 3rd.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I will say this though. If CJ's going to be our guy, he had better learn how to play through pain. Or else this team is going to have to release LW and draft another RB this year who can. Because you can't afford to have your homerun hitter miss a full half of football in the most important game of the year.

So, while CJ may not need Lendale to be successful, he needs another back to help him carry the load. Much like Carolina has with their two backs.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Except for the fumble lendale did not play bad. He has one year left on his contract and a lot can happen in one year. If we lose him expect us to try and get another big back to replace him so little will actualy change.

they have to protect chris johnson with another good back. It would be stupid to expect CJ to carry the ball 300+ carries a season and doing that will shorten his career.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Agree, except Lendale offers no breakaway threat. When he runs for 6 yards, the crowd erupts. When CJ runs for 6 yards, the crowd moans cuz he was about 1 step from a 70-yarder.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he had 9 rushes for 12 yards at one point in the game. thanks to two 10 yard runs he had a good average.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

White is a good back, how soon you guys forget the regular season. But he's only good with Johnson to lean on. I think we need to consider an upgrade over Ganther if anything.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

white is an average back who hangs his hat on converting shot yardage and goal line carries. he's got a niche on this team, but he isn't someone we can lean on to be number 2 or if johnson gets hurt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Ask the Eagles what it's like to not have a short yardage back. When you have one it's alright but when you don't have one it really sucks. And no I don't think White can be a #1 but that's why I say we upgrade Ganther. MAYBE White could be demoted to a #3 or maybe we rotate the three like the Giants do but I've never seen anything from Ganther or Henry that makes me want to keep them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar