Slow start leads Jake Locker to press

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Y
    You guys love to cap on Jake for not hitting the ground a superstar. But remember, he is an up and coming YOUNG player. He is not a been there done that overpaid scrub like several on this team. Why arent you more critical of the players that demand huge contract because they themselves believe they are superstars? Give the kid a break!

These scrubs are the ones with all the NFL experience after all, right?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What do you mean 'you guys'

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

There was crap play calling all game long, including in the red zone. Locker found a way to pick up first downs despite the plays called and the lack of open receivers. It's just harder to pick up yards in the red zone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GOFIGURETITANS

Ya
    Ya! What he said!

5. GOFIGURETITANS

All I know is that when Jake gets used to the speed of the nfl he will be a very good QB. How good? No idea. I just know he is a very smart kid with great abilities. Unlike vy. Only reason I bring him up is I am reading in the other post about how vy did better. Cha!

He also had a team that believed they could win and a less worse coaching staff with a much better defense. AND vy was never and will never be confused with a smart person. Although I am sure he is often confused by them. :)

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea 7 starts is waaay wayy too early to even think Jake can't be great. Dozens of legends took years to become elite, so anyone complaining about Jake now should just shut up and realize greatness doesn't come overnight.

I could understand if he completely sucked right now, but he's shown us something every game. He's already good, but people will always have something to say I guess.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He looked terrible Sunday. The WRs didn't help anything. He was rattled. Caused a lot of hiccups. But he's still young. First year starting. 7 games in. I just don't want to see Sanchez 2.0 in a couple years.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jake has a lot more to offer than Sanchez.

9. Clark

Oh I know that. I'm a full locker supporter. Don't mistake me. I'm just saying in a couple years I wouldn't be so forgiving.

I know right now this isn't a winning team. There are sparks and flashes and some real big problems with people calling the shots... I'm just hoping stuff gets turned around cuz right now it's embarrassing to be a titans fan.

10. Clark

I think with the right people controlling the show we could be a lot better off. I'm not sold on munchak anymore. Nor the defensive coach gray. Ill give loggains a chance.. But he gotta show something before the end of the year or else imma be kinda depressed.

you look at how RG3 has been surrounded with an offense that suits him perfectly and creatively and then you see us with locker... It's just sad. We don't have the coaches here that we need. I think it's that simple. Locker shows hope, but I want him to live up to that potential and to do that being surrounded by lack luster coaches is going to be hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar