Sleep Paralysis - Nightmare movie

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Interesting "documentary".
    Anyone experience anything like this?

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

i've had it happen but i've never been sure if it was in real life or a dream

but once when i was younger and it happened, i do recall a shadow but i assumed it was a parent

either way, do not like

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've experienced something similar several times.

Actually seemed common when I was in Knoxville... probably because I hated it there.

No hallucinations or any of the crazy stuff. But I'd wake up in the middle of the night, not being able to move or breathe for maybe 10 seconds. I guess that qualifies as sleep paralysis.

****ing sucks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. XO

XO Nevada Native

I suffered from it quite a few times back in my early 20's.

I was in a rough spot, terrible stress, drinking a lot.

The first time it happened was the worst.

I spent the night with my girlfriend and woke up on my back and couldn't move a muscle.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see into her closet. All I could see was a dark mass. It seemed like it lasted forever but I'm sure was only a few seconds.

I went into a panic desperately trying to move or make a sound. Finally I popped up, of course nothing was there.

I learned about sleep paralysis the next day. It happened about once a month for the better part of a year. Once I knew what it was it became less terrifying.

One time I was on my back and watched my walls all turn black like paint was spreading over them. Weird.

Years went by and it didn't happen again.

Then I moved to Alabama and stayed at a girls house, really old, wooden floors.

She got up early and went to work one morning and I'm laying in bed.

It happens again, on my back, can't move. I didn't see anything but I could hear someone stomping on the wooden floor outside the bedroom. Struggled for a bit and popped out of it.

Hasn't happened again and that was like four years ago.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I had this almost once a month from 22-24. First time I thought I was paralyzed, didn't have any feeling of something beside me. Did everything I could to even move a finger.

Most memorable was Christmas day, I had just gotten back from a deployment and was my first time back home. Feel asleep in a chair in my sisters apartment while my mom was making breakfast. I vividly heard her ask how I wanted my eggs, and then she said 'nevermind he is asleep'. Did everything I could to answer, and it just stunned me to actually see everything but my parents still think I was asleep.

Stopped a few years ago, after I figured out how it works, I just started waiting it out. Eventually it just stopped on its own.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

Knoxville's fault in your case too... Yep.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

Seems like it was happening to me from 22-24 also. Strange.

Hasn't happened for a long time now. Thankfully.

9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I get them occasionally. The last one I feel asleep on the couch and it happened. Couldn't move or anything.

But I could see someone, couldn't make out a face, but they was standing in front of my front door.

Thought I was going to get robbed and all I was thinking about was trying to get to my gun before this thing got to me, but I couldn't move lol

Scary as ****

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its triggered by stress and exhaustion. The prime hours of sleep are the middle 5-6 hours in an 8hr sleep cycle called REM, or rapid eye movement. Sleep paralysis occurs when your 'mind' wakes up but hasn't processed enough to wake up the rest of you. So you seem to get stuck in limbo between being awake and asleep, which may be where the feeling of someone being around you come from.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar