Skip Bayless: I would take Bortles over Mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Apcgamb24, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

From his ass. The Jags put up 45 points and Bortles only had 140 yards passing. Yeah, he really “drove” them up and down the field.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

He’s way better when he’s out of the pocket, the stats prove that. Without his legs though he’s not very good as a pocket passer, sorry to say.

3. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

I’m not sure what game you were watching, but after Conklin went down the right side of our line was getting wrecked. Dude had no time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Some of those were on M8. He knows Kelly can't block.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

I’d like to see the numbers on that. I seem to remember him playing pretty decently from the pocket in hist first two years.

6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Did any of guys watch the last few drives? Those were impressive drives at very high pressure moments in the game and he showed a ton of poise.

7. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

Maybe. But you still need time for your receivers to get open. More time than he was given most of the time.

8. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I think Mariota is a great guy with a lot of talent, I guess I was hoping he would be better at this point.

9. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

let everyone be as disrespectful as they can possibly be. The Titans WILL move on at HC and blossom, and if they dont then Mariota WILL go to the chargers to succeed Phillip Rivers and he will blossom there.

10. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

Yeah. Aside from a bomb downfield to Cole that setup the game winning TD, I saw a bunch of checkdowns and a pass to a wide open RB in the backfield. I also saw a bunch of good runs from Fournette.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar