Skip Bayless: I would take Bortles over Mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Apcgamb24, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Skip, Shannon Sharpe, and Stephen A. Smith are awful

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Well, Bortles just outplayed Mariota by a mile in his playoff game. So, he might be onto something...

I’m happy for a Bortles, he was getting abused for a while now, and on two consecutive drives he shut everyone’s mouth as he answere Pittsburgh TDs with two key drives when the game could’ve easily turned around in the Steelers favor.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

How so, fewer yards and fewer TDs. Jags runnng game and turnovers are what killed Pittsburgh.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Definitely not as crazy as folks around here were making it out to be. Just look at the stats. Blaming coaching/scheme in defense of flota is totally fair. But you also can't project things which he has not yet accomplished onto him either.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

People seem to forget that Bortles was pretty sought after when he was drafted. He has had his issues, but he may be a slower development project here. Say what you want on stats, he is the QB of the team that just put 45 points on the Steelers in their stadium today.

That said, I would still take Mariota all day.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I'd still rather have Mariota. Maybe that's fan bias, IDK. I'm just saying to laugh at someone for saying they'd rather have Bortles is pretty ridiculous given the way our boy played for most of the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

My point was, following huge TDs by Roethlisbooger, Bortles drove his team down the field and helped his team score a TD to answer and keep the Jags up by two scores, not just once but twice with some big throws on 3rd down several times.

Mariota on a drive after halftime when they needed to score desperately did absolutely ZERO. I like Mariota, but the fact is, running QBs have never amounted to much, more times than not. Good QBs don’t allow their team to have negative yards for most of a second half in a do or die game like that. Last night was a complete embarrassment I doubt they can erase for a long, long time.

8. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Looks like he managed a great game. Good for him. Not sure the stats suggest that he played outplayed Marcus by a mile. Not sure where you are getting that.

9. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

You act like he’s a run first QB. He isn’t.

And good QBs usually have an Oline that can keep them from getting sacked 8 ****ing times.

10. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Besides the TD drive, what else did Mariota do? Held onto the ball and got sacked 8 times. Couldn’t make up his mind and throw to what looks like open receivers. Bortles helped them beat the Steelers at home. Read my previous post about keeping drives alive on 3rd down and answering huge TDs by Pitt, twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar