Site Hacked

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It appears goTitans.com, along with a number of other sites hosted by Fuse9, have been hacked. I have no information right now on the problem except that a number of their clients are having the same problem.

I have no idea of the damage though it appears isolated to just the index pages of the main site and forum. Members may be able to access parts of the forum.

I'll keep everyone posted when I know more.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

3. TitanJeff

I don't know much about these things but I'm guessing it is a program designed to find anything called "index" and alter it.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Probably. Can you just FTP your index pages to fix or does it run deeper than than that.

5. TitanJeff

Apparently, as soon as someone fixes their index page, it gets hacked again.

6. TitanJeff

Here's a quick update for anyone who can even access this right now...

The host is now in the process of restoring everything. The FBI is investigating things as well. They've given me no timetable to have goTitans.com fully restored.

From what I understand, we'll lose all articles and posts from midnight Saturday to present which isn't nearly the loss we took last time the site was hacked. Live and learn. ;)

I'll keep everyone posted.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I managed to find a link in. You can't come in through the front door, that much is for sure.

8. TitanJeff

Right. If you link directly to one area of the forum or to view only the new messages, you can get in.

Thing is, all new posts will likely be lost when the forum is restored.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Rabid Hackers: 1 gotitans: 0 :))

[sarcasm]I'm sure that this is the type of **** that makes running a site all worth while[/sarcasm]

What kind of simp would hack a fan site? Bozo.

10. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Some people just are too bored or what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar