Simon and Simon. Nah, just Simon.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by sirjesse, Jul 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I thought he deserved his own thread. Didn’t seem right a titan being relegated to cuts and signings around the league. That should be for those less than a Titan.

• Cheers Cheers x 5
  4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Simon is a definite upgrade over Skipper. Both from a production standpoint and experience. Having another Super Bowl winner on the team is always beneficial from a culture standpoint. I could see him sliding into the #3 or #4 pass rusher spot based on how Weaver and Roberson look in camp and the preseason. In an ideal world though, the Titans will bring in another impact veteran still to bump all these guys down a notch.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I just don’t think the benchmark is “he is better than the worst player at his position on our team”. He is an upgrade over Skipper, no doubt. But I am frustrated that we signed an injured guy to “fix” the pass rush and we don’t know when he will be back to speed. He clearly isn’t now. There were guys in FA that could have probably (none of us knows for sure on any player) provided more pop in the pass rush as a fail safe against Dupree’s health. Simon is solid, but frankly our defense needs more than solid to contend in the playoffs.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Simon is a decent, experienced guy who played in 32 games for the Pats the last two years. Reminds me of Correa in 2019 and 2020. Good value. If you are in a fantasy we are going to get a stud pass rusher right now you will be disappointed. It is also a long season so stop freaking out if Dupree takes a few games to get back to 100%. The playoffs are a long way off.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

yup, that and every position needs some solid depth - you can't just have a major,major drop off from your starter to your rotational guy.

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Freaking out and being a realist are two different things. It very often takes two years to get back to speed from ACL injuries - see Conklin. A decent player is nice, but with Houston still out there it’s hard to get excited about a guy who has averaged less than 3 sacks per year.

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Except that sacks aren’t the end all be all. I want pressure which forces mistakes, Sacks are a completely overrated stat. Hurrys, pressure, hits etc etc are far more important. Sacks are nice and make the crowd get excited, but they aren’t the end all be all in judging a defense or player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar