Simms and Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's cool, and there are clearly many Titans fans that have completely bailed on Vince ever being a good NFL QB.

But Vince isn't the discussion for me. It is Simms. I could say David Carr never quit on a team. Neither did Jared Lorenzon.

Not quitting on a team is not the criteria I use to determine who I want as starting QB for the Titans.

2. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Wow......Well hope this doesn't bust your bubble....

But Haynesworth and Collins publicly said before that they wanted to quit. So, I guess your trust meter has been thrown out the window. And Collins even went so far as to go to the head coach and tell him he wanted to quit.

It's fine that you never wanted VY Ewker...That's cool. But face it....There is nothing he could do that would ever win you over.

3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

yeah, but Simms SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS more :grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

did Haynesworth and Collins want to quit because their feelings got hurt? So people booed Young. That is something he had better get use to if he wants to play in the NFL. Pretty sad that Fisher had to make him go back in the game. That just shows he doesn't have what it takes.

Whether or not he can do anything to win me over is not what this thread is about.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I've been thinking about Simms and the team really seems to like him a lot. I never understood why but now I get it. They are interested in him which now makes me interested in him. If our team sees something in him then I think seeing how he does as a starter in a pre season game (since we have 5 this year) is something we should do. Also if you look at Gruden's success he has only done well with older QBs like Gannon, Johnson and Garcia. So there's a chance he just didn't fit well in that system. I also think if Simms can keep from turning the ball over then he can be a younger Collins.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying lets start the guy and I'm still leery but if our team sees something in him then I'm interested. None of us have seen Simms in practice in our system. I also think a mid round QB is something we should consider and let him battle Simms and Young for a roster spot.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How bout we see him go through a training camp and preseason before we crown his azz?

;)

He's around to compete against Young for the starting job if Collins can't be resigned. If Collins is signed, I think we see him go somewhere he can be a #2.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

:yes:

If Collins re-signs it's because he is our starter. VY will be backup with an unknown future with the team.

My brother is a big Bucs fan and I follow them somewhat. I've never been a fan of Simms and thought of him as second tier. Always. However, I would be willing to see how he fits here if that situation were brought about. But it would be a small chance of being the starter.

Given that the situation happens, and Collins walks, I would like to see VY given the job back with Simms getting a small chance to take it. He would have to really prove he was capable to start for us and almost have to "take it" from Vince.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I find it a tad scary that we're hanging the future of the franchise on any of these guys.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Actually, CJ is the future!:)

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's your problem from the start. Nobody said simms is a great QB a budding star. We are not willing to crap on the guy and call him a loser.

You mention that he played on "loaded" teams at texas. Yeah and vince didn't?

Simms could be useful to us in a backup role. What about him is so threatening to you? He is still fairly young but has been around a while. Some vince young supporters talk about all this knowledge that seeped into his cranium from standing on the sidelines. Well simms has been doing that for 3 years!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar