Simeon Rice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RyansTitans, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

He could be huge for this team; if he can recover he will dominate at DE. He is a good run stopper. This guy could + our D 5 places IMO. The Injury seems ?able but our line SUCKS!

KVB over pressures

Starks/DT#2 is a non factor

If Fat Albert is not stomping summons head in, he is sucking wind on the sideline

DE#??? - Since Carter left we have had NOTHING here! We need to help our line. Pressure on the opposing QB will help our secandary exponentially.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

well john "d-bag" clayton, didnt even put the titans on the list of teams he might go to....

i remember him saying,
    Vikings
    and
    Redskins

but no titans, not that that means anything at all....

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Clayton probably has seen MR's work so far this offseason.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Very random, but flattered you are thinking about me all the same.

And I think it was 3pm when Starkiller posted that if the time code is right on the settings I have.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, I can understand bringing him in, and would like to sign him for small money, but I don't think he'd make a HUGE difference. I'd like to see him for depth, but I don't think it's going to happen.

6. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Bucs cut Rice

Defensive end Simeon Rice, one of the NFL's most dominant pass rushers over the past decade, will no longer be playing in Tampa Bay. ...more

[​IMG]

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He is still a starter on most teams, and definately this one. Bring him in for a one year deal, and see what he's got left in the tank. I bet money (if/when healthy) he will put up decent numbers. Put it like this, injury wise, he couldn't be any worse than Laboy/Odom, and production wise he will out shine him. We have cap room, and we can't take it with us into next season, no long term contracts for any players in sight, so we might as well throw him some cash on a one year deal.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Gunny, I see you still have that avatar. I take it you like it....alot. : )

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's good eye exercise. :grrhee:

10. elgatogordo

elgatogordo Guest

You know, Rice failing a physical could mean something totally different from the shoulder; He could be out-of-condition. For that matter, it could be a drug thing - I've heard that teams will sometimes discover a player wouldn't be able to pass an NFL drug test, and fail them on the physical for that. Then they aren't faced with carrying a player into camp that was on the bubble (for whatever reason). I'm not absolutely positive about this, but I think a team can't release a league-suspended player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar