Simeon Rice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RyansTitans, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Thats Fish being Fish. Were people excited about getting KVB a feel years ago...cmon now..

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Simeon Rice and KVB are on different Stratospheres when they were free agents.

3. Let me say this, if your going to go by the words of the skins scouting department or anyone in that organazation for that matter you've got some problems.These are the same skins that gave Randel El, which is at best a #3 receiver,7yrs $31 mill,gave up a 2006 3rd pick & 07 4th rd pick and $27 mill over 6 years to Brandon Lloyd who only caught 23 balls this past season,and gave Atlanta basically a 3rd rd pick for T.J. Duckett who carried the ball for 132 yds.Thats why the skins will never go anywhere and will always be dumpin players after 3-4 years cause they don't know how to manage their cap.Simeon Rice is not washed up by all means,he may be gettin older but i'm sure he has plenty of gas in the tank.Up untill last year he missed only 2 games in 10 years and averaged double digit sacks numbers 9 out of those ten.I hardly doubt he couldn't repeat those numbers if he came here...But hey if the Redskins scouts said he's "sub-par" i guess he can't :tj:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't forget Adam Archuleta.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Who IS that charming young lady in your avatar?

6. WOW believe it or not Simeon Rice didnt fail a physical for the Bucs!! Gaines Adams is what happened and Kevin Carter!! Buddy

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Redskins don't have much cap room... it'd be hard for them to sign Rice, but that doesn't make the fans feel good so they'd rather call it a sub-par scouting report (translation: "we can't afford him"). They are currently more interested in Strahan because the Giants would need to trade him if they want to land Rice. I can't imagine the Giants really trading Strahan to a division rival, but if they feel he's washed up then who knows... Simeon has been a rock for 10 years, and outside the recent injury hasn't shown any hint of slowing down.

Rice is in almost the same situation that Mawae was in - 12 year vet coming off one injury-filled season after a career with virtually no injuries. There was some bad blood between him and the team so they let him go. Mawae worked out for us, and Rice should do the same if we can pay him. I agree that I don't want this to keep us from re-signing some of the our upcoming FAs, but we should have the cap room to do both.

8. I dont think it will happen!! Fisher said they didnt even have a interview set up.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You just made my point. The Skins are a team that has time and time again over valued players and yet now they say a guy is "sub-par". They also get over zealous (as you pointed out) about throwing money at guys. Now they suddenly decide to be prudent with their money?

Consider the overall value of a guy like Rice. Is what he is going to want worth paying for what we are going to get. Maybe the Titans will be doing the same exact thing you are being critical of the Skins for doing if we sign this guy (over paying for over the hill or mediocre talent). We have better ways to spend our money on the roster right now IMO tying up some guys long term who will be around 4-5 years from now. Rice is a short term solution at best and jumping on guys like that is exactly how a team gets into CAP problems. I was dead set against signing Keyshawn for the same reasons and thankfully he didn't sign and we ended up with Moulds, a player of fiarly equal talent for the vet minimum. I'd rather go after Alex Brown if we need a DE because the value for the dollars spent would be much better and I'm not sure he isn't as good as Rice at this stage of Rice's career.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Keep in mind the Redskin D last year ranked one spot higher than the Titans. You'd think there would be interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar