Sign these 3 guys and end all this WR/RB talk?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

I can't argue with you guys if you can't see that LW is not the answer.. His longest run of the YEAR was 15 yards.. When you are getting 300+ carries in a system like ours and your longest run is 15 yards, then you are not fit to be a 300+ carry back.. Titans Jeff you are sadly mistaken on LenDale. Lazy, over weight, Overpaid, and slow sums him up.. I think he would be more valuable as a short yardage, 3rd down, and goal line back..

2. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

Wrong, Fred Davis is much better.. Better blocker, bigger, faster, more production, and better hands..

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Wrong, he had runs of 28, 27 and 25.

4. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

You are right, I looked in the receiving category. Regardless LenDale is not the answer... I was wrong and I admit that about the longest run.. Still 28 yards is pathetic as well.

5. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

What does "Lendale is not the answer" mean? Not the answer to what?

He's the answer to who our best RB was this year and might be the answer to, who's the best short yardage back in the league? I think we need to complement him with an explosive back but Lendale will be a big part of our running game from here on...

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We need an explosive back.. Like reggie bush.. 312 career carries, 3.67ypc, only 3 runs over 20 yards. Lendale white is more of a breakaway threat!

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Two things Tide.

Reggie Bush never has been and never will be just measured by his rushing yards. He is part rusher, part receiver.

If you have a look at his yards per touch you'll see the following:

2006 - 5.37 ypt
    2007 - 4.33 ypt

So what changed?

No Deuce McAllister.

The game has changed. Teams need 2 top-flight RBs to have an elite running game.

The top 2 rushing offenses in football this year were Minnesota and Jacksonville. Both teams have 2 guys that are legitimate starters to carry the load with slightly different styles.

It is clear that with Lendale we have half the equation solved, but are you really comfortable with Chris Henry becoming a quasi-starter for the Titans?

We don't need a Reggie Bush-like back to come in and carry the load like he was asked to do in New Orleans this year, but to have a RB who can compliment White and step in as a full-time starter if White got injured makes a lot of sense to me.

8. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

A word to the wise, i pray that they do not sign LJ Smith. I live near philly, watch every eagles game(unless Titans are on, so i pay more attention to them) and have been to many games. DO NOT believe in the LJ hype. He is not that good. He has the skills and potential, but he has almost no heart, and is deathly afraid of taking a hit. See any game where he played against hard-hitting safeties (ex: Williams, Taylor(RIP) He would not catch a pass if he thought he would get hit. And for one, Tennessee should never be signing anyone that was a former Eagle, like Corey Simon, bad mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar