Sign these 3 guys and end all this WR/RB talk?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

TJ, you are absolutely right. We need upgrades on offense, but not at RB.
    Guys, football isn't an instant gratification sport. It takes time Vince and Lendale just came out of their second year (first full season). Like I said in another post, starting any new job it will take anybody at least 2 years to learning the ropes. WE will only start to see what they can do NEXT year.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Michael Turner is to running backs as Matt Schaub was to quarterbacks; never overpay for someone else's intriguing back-up. Chances are all you'll end up with is a JAG type player with a superstar type contract.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

What I and apparently others see is the guy who got the most carries did not produce at a high level. Therefor, we can upgrade that position. I won't be surprised at all if we don't change things much for the 08 season, and I won't be surprised if LW doesn't look better than average another year. It's like a passing team settling for Eli Manning when you should try to find Peyton Manning.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Do you think White will have a better season if he comes back in better shape? I do. Do you think White will be more productive if Young and the passing game improves? I do.

Basically, I don't think we've seen the best White can give us yet. He made huge strides from his rookie season to his second. I think he can be a top 5 rusher in this league if he applies himself and gets some support from even a mediocre passing game.

I'm guessing that is what the team is thinking as well. And I know for sure they expect Henry to improve as he adjusts to the speed of the game and learns the routes, blocking assignments, etc.

With both players having upside and a significant investment, why do you toss another high draft pick at the position when you have so many other needs?

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think it is likely LW is better if he's in better shape. But even so, who knows if it'll happen. And will coach have to get on his *** every year to keep him in top form? I really do hope we see him in better shape next year, but there's no guarantees here either.

A better passing game should help too. I don't think it'll be enough, there are many yards I saw that most backs could get that he couldn't. He himself has to improve for that, if possible.

I think he has quite a ways to go to be a top 5 back. I don't know if that's possible. But if he can make a solid improvement next year, I'll praise him and be less worried about the future (again hoping he keeps to a good offseason program every offseason).

I probably would not draft a RB high. I'd like Turner if the price is right. I like how the draft looks for other positions (as opposed to free agency) to be taken high like TE, WR, DE, CB, and possible DT. And I'm saying that all while thinking the RB class looks very good up top. I doubt they get one high though, and would expect a drafted RB to be mid to late round.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You're killing all our hope! I know Fisher doesn't know what an upgrade at a position is, but he says he's going to focus on the offense. And for some reason, I'm going to pretend I believe him.

7. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

Upgrade Chris Brown with Jamal Charles. Pretty simple.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pretty simple if jamal charles was already an accomlished NFL back.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If Chris Brown was more durable he would be our feature back so getting a guy like Charles isn't neccesarily an upgrade. My concern about getting a guy like Charles is Henry is our speed guy right now (ahhhh). We almost need more of an everydown type back who can back up LW and take about 15 carries a game.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

IMO the best TE in the draft is Matellus Bennett a$m, he is a great blocker and has the tools to be a great receiver. He was not only misused by the aggies but he was not developed. I think he could be had in the 2nd round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar