Sign me up for this...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

McClain is on the radio in the Nashville market twice a week.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I did not know that. 102.3 "talk monster" is our fm Titans Radio affililate...
    they don't pick up much of anything Titans Radio related. It's a shame cause I'd really like to listen cruisin' around Chatta-vegas.

3. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

No...because of the hiring and interview process that is mandatory in the league, it can not be in his contract. That is exactly why he got such an enormous contract (the biggest in history for a coordinator, I think).
    It is Snyder's way of saying...."When Gibbs leaves, the job is yours. I can't legally put it in your contract, so I am going to give you a HUGE salary and a HUGE bonus if you are still here at the end of 2 years. This way you know I am either going to make you the headcoach, our pay out the wazuu. I just can't put it on paper."
    :brow:

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Your right. It is immaterial. He has the 2nd longest tenure in the NFL. As much as I like him and hope he stays, it is probably just a matter of time.

To someone else's point.... I like John McClain, but he is the same one who said (when the news of Williams' new contract came out) how happy Williams and his family were with the Redskins and living outside of DC in Virginia, and that Snyder gave him the big contract to be the head coach in the future. He also basically had Fisher in Kansas City when all that was going on.

McClain is entertaining, but ever since he started his media blitz campaign of how the Texans absolutely had to and WOULD take Vince Young for the first pick...I started to take what he says "with a grain of salt" as they say.
    It was like he was campaigning in the media and trying to stir up the Texans fans and market like the fans would riot in the streets if they don't pick Young. When they extended Carr's contract he backed off of that campaign pretty quickly.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

There's a shocker.

I know you're kinda young, but you did know that the Titans used to be the Oilers, right? And that McClain covered the team for 20 years?

:kiss:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar