Sightings ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puck, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't believe in ghosts or alien spaceships (UFO's there a plenty of, but they're not little green men). However the shadows you see can easily be explained as something else, most likely a small animal, say a cat or similar. And without having seen their motion detector setup I choose to believe the use standard commercially available detectors that are usually very susceptible to missing small and very fast movements, like say a cat.

Now if they had provided me with a complete thermal scan, proper NV footage and better audio tracks, then I might have to consider it, but not from the "evidence" you see in that video.
    In fact the part about the audio got me irked, because the sound you hear is so bad you can not perceiver what it is, however by suggesting to you what is being heard you will be more likely to think that is indeed what you're hearing, which makes it impossible to make an objective evaluation of the sound. What they should have done was break down the sound, clean it up and then ask the other guy what he thought he heard, instead of imposing their own ideas on him.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Maybe that is just the brilliance of the show. Debunk a lot to show they are more about that than just throwing a lot of crap on people rather than saying it is all real and then on the odd occasion say you can't debunk a sighting and claim it is real when it really isn't.

Or it could just be a hoax in itself, like Crossing Over with John Edwards.

Occam's Razor is usually the best way to explains these 'paranormal' events.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there
    [​IMG]

gone
    [​IMG]

larger
    [​IMG]

you can see it better looking at the actual clip at youtube and zooming in on the pic or making it full screen
    that's at least 5 flights up a lighthouse on the top landing

if you ever get a chance to watch the episode, do so. they actually do a better job of showing it during the techs findings..and it's easier to see on a big TV as instead of a small compressed upload

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the soldier apparition on thermal
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gistqdCjGvw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gistqdCjGvw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Dude, that's most likely a reflection of one of the crew members. Notice he's got something with significant heat signature at what is probably shoulder or chest height, then also notice the heat signature passing at the bottom of the screen as the camera pans. Is it not more than likely that this is the cameraman filming his own reflection?

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

OMG that was great:ha:

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Maybe I'm missing something, but how can you have a reflection on a thermal heat image? heat doesn't bounce off a mirror...

Some interesting things on here though...

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I actually have photos of ghost spheres in a graveyard at Gettysburgh. I will share when I dig it up. When you blow up the sphere it actually has two eyes, a mouth, and nose. It is not spectacular, but a bit puzzling.

10. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I doubt it. The brain may see a face but it is because we are wired to do so. Honey buns and muffins that look like jesus are a perfect example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar