Sig bet with Gloat could be decided today

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Winning Championships is what counts. OSU proved they can win a lot of games the past couple years playing in the Big 10, but let's count championships.
    There are 8 teams with more National Championships than Michigan.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

-

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

When counting National Championships, it's all about when you start counting from.

I mean, do you count Yale and Princeton as among the greatest college football teams of all time, with their national championships in the 1800s?

Or do you start in 1900s, I'm sure Gloat holds that 1901 and 1902 Michigan National Championship dear to his heart.

Or how about most AP Titles, which began in 1936. Michigan has 3, which is tied for 9th place, but only behind Alabama from the SEC.

Or how about Coaches Titles, starting from 1950... ouch Michigan zero. That's behind 5 SEC teams! Alabama, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia.

After 10 years of the BCS system, I like taking it from the there... Big 10: 1 Championship (Ohio State). SEC: 4 Championships.

LSU 2
    Florida 1
    Tennessee 1
    Michigan 0

I don't think anyone doubts Michigan as one of the greatest historical football programs of all time.

But, for the modern era, they aren't even the best team in the Big 10. And no matter how you look at it, Michigan's last National Title before 1997 was in 1948. They've slipped, just like the whole conference. All you need is to take a look at the BCS Championship history, and its obvious which conference has been the best in the last 10 years.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Michigan has had a championship within the last 10 years. :) They'll be tied with LSU next year. Beating them the following year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar