SI.com in shock at TEN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

We knew cap-rich Cleveland and Minnesota were going to attack free agency with a vengeance and that Washington always does. But it's hard not to be impressed with Tennessee's first-week effort. The Titans definitely overspent for a guy who has yet to prove he's a No. 1 receiver, but David Givens was a nice pickup, and I could say the same for safety Chris Hope, linebacker David Thornton and veteran center Kevin Mawae. Seems to me that the worst of the medicine-taking is over in Tennessee.

Seems to like what they've done. The money spent on Givens could bite us in the arse or prove to be a masterpiece.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Vegas approves as well. The Titans have gone from 100-1 to 85-1 to win the Super Bowl. :brow:

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I saw that in the Tennessean this morning. Wonder how much Ty Law would improve our odds.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ty Law would be the worst possible pickup for us. =x

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Do you think we paid too much for Givens?
    Was he the best WR available?

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Some thought KVB would bite us in the arse last year. Damaged goods.

7. No one suggested signing KVB would hurt us.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

there was no risk involved in KVB, the vet minimum for 1 year, doesn't get anymore cut and dry. Givens however we've already invested lots of bucks and cap space, whether he even sets foot on the field for the Titans.

9. metal957

metal957 Starter

The titans will be fine. Don't worry about cap space b/c next year McNair and his 23 mil go away

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think we paid about market value for a 25(?)year old receiver on the upswing.

No. TO is definately better, Javon Walker is probably better (but older), Antwan Randle El is arguably better (slightly worse imo).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar