Should've Picked Up A Solid Veteran WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Well, I already posted how Peyton does just without Clark...I would love to see him without both.:wink2:

Yeah, of course the offense is going to struggle....you have a quarterback coming in and trying to learn an entire offense in two weeks. Brilliant insight on your part. :yes:

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The signings aren't over. Someone's gonna take a run at TO, Housh, Moss etc.
    Won't be us, but someone will.. :p

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

doesnt matter if Painter was starting thats been there for a while. Peyton Manning makes players better. he tells them exactly what to do and he gets them the ball.

just admit Peyton can make most wr's look good.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Donnie Avery just got the ax from the Rams. Not sure how his knee is, and honestly, I'm not too sure about him regardless of his health.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Curtis will be able to stay in shape (with a broken finger); he will get healthy while getting in shape and learning our terminology.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

You are right, Peyton makes most wide recievers look good....when he has Clark and Wayne. Without one them, he posts back to back 4 int games. You need talent at wide reciever position....period.

14 tds and 2 ints or 20 tds and 15ints? Wanna explain that one to me?

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

That's gonna be next year. He's on IR now, won't help us this season.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I still say we're fine at WR. It's time to give our younger guys a shot. I expect Williams to have a breakout year and for Hawkins to finally get in the game and get some balls thrown his way.

Britt and Washington add some on-field experience to balance out the younger guys we have. As long as Britt stays out of trouble, we're fine.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree....this is the year to see what we have drafted, and clear out the dead wood afterwards. For years now I have been reading people complaining about Hawkins, Cook, DWill not getting their chance. Well, looks like they are getting their chance now, which is good. Now that we are set at QB and RB for the foreseeable future we can always look at the draft next season if we still think we are coming up short.

To be honest, I do not see anyone out there that, at this point in their respective careers, are really any better than Gage anyway, so why waste a roster spot on them?

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Agree with everything that you said. I like where we're at on offense. I think we have enough talent now at WR to be a top 10 offense. Cook is a wild card threat that not many other teams have at TE. Our line looks improved from a year ago and Hasselbeck and Locker give us nice depth at QB. We've got 2 QB's who can win games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar