Should we trade for Eli Apple?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 29, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. On the fence either way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Eli Apple is reportedly not on good terms with his locker room, and specifically Landon Collins has referred to him as "a cancer" on the team. Last season he was suspended for 4 games of the season for the same reason. The front office and Collins have both said they will accept him back in with open arms, but he needs to right his attitude to do so.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for someone I'm pushing as a trade option, I know.

But consider this:
    Our new DB coach, Coombs, recruited Apple to Ohio State and basically made him what he is today. Coombs is considered a "tough" coach and likely would be able to get him back on the right track mentally, and according to Coombs, Apple was one of the hardest workers in the DB room at tOSU, and watched more tape than anyone on pro corners.

Also, Logan Ryan went to the same high school as Apple. In fact, Ryan allegedly took Apple "under his wing" when Apple was in 8th grade or so, and is still considered to be his mentor. The 2 actually have hosted a camp together for a while now.

Eli has all the measurables, and has a high 1st round pedigree. He played well in his first season but seemed to regress this year with all of the locker room antics. It seems that our situation here would be the best fit for him, and we obviously have a need at CB, as we always have.

We would obviously hope that we could get a "locker room cancer" discount on the trade, but even if we had to pay a 3, would you support the move?

#1 VondyP, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

last week you told me he wasnt going anywhere lol

why the change of heart?

tired of being VondyL?

3. VondyP

as I said in the OP, they have said they will welcome him back, but that doesnt mean if the right offer was made that they wouldn't take it

4. JCBRAVE

I cant see JR taking on Apple, hes allowed other "cancers" to walk

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Pretty sure Landon and Eli made up? He's not going anywhere

6. VondyP

usually we dont have multiple mentors of theirs on the team like in this instance though

7. VondyP

so you dont think if we made a reasonable offer they would be willing to move their "cancer"? I think they would, also his "making up" wasnt exactly a glowing endorsement

8. JCBRAVE

we locked steve mcnair out of the building the year we took his protege.

nfl dont care about this stuff

9. JCBRAVE

FWIW Im all for anything that keeps Brice Mccain off the field

I think his contract expired tho so that should take care of itself

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. VondyP

thats just cuz bud was an *******. no other organization would have done that to their franchise qb.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar