Should we retire Eddie's Jersey?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitansfan1, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitansfan1

TNTitansfan1 Camp Fodder

Should we retire Eddie's Jerey?

Yes/No

I think we should. Even though he did leave us for Dallas, you have to admit, people do make mistakes. But he has been this franchise's workhorse for a long time. I can't see anyone else wearing that number. What he does for our community speaks volumes. Hopefully soon Bud will honor him.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't think any number should ever be retired...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Did he do something great enough to have his number retired? He was a good player but retiring of numbers should be reserved for those who do something truly special.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Good player, good guy, not enough to retire the number. It's a shame though.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I loved Eddie as a Titan, but I agree with Hoffa, no numbers should be retired. A banner honouring the player would be a nice touch though.

Give #27 to Griffin.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think griffin sports 33 pretty well.

but no, i don't think 27 should be retired. we need to have a ring of fame like the cowboys have, but no retired numbers.

7. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Best idea I have heard yet and would put a nice touch on the stadium. Ring of Fame would be nice also although its already done and would probably be criticized by fans all over the league

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not 27 but i think when his career ends here we should retire nickey's jersey.

Why is reynaldo's jersey still being used?

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Especially by Reynaldo...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think your # should only be retired if you're a hall of fame lock. Eddie was great for us, and we'll all remember him without hanging his jersey up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar