Should Titans pursue Jeremy Maclin?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDN_Titan

EDN_Titan Starter

I think it would be one we would get excited about then end up disappointed. I'm always sceptical if someone gets released this time of year though, Chiefs probably know something we don't.

We have a few young receivers I would love to see getting reps also.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

June 1 cut saves KC 10 mil

#62 Ontario Titan, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

They can designate it as a June cut before June though. They risked injury in OTAs which would have cost them money and then released him. Something is weird about that.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Yes that's true, Alex Smith apparently was "shocked' by the move, definitely sounds weird

6. EFEXizBACK

EFEXizBACK Starter

They probably tried to restructure his contract and he said no which forced them to cut him. That said, I'd rather let our young guys get experience.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  7. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

At this point, I want to just roll with the guys we have. We have young guys to grow with MM8 and Rishard can be the vet leadership for the WR crew. I don't want Maclin coming in then causing drama about wanting more targets, not saying he will but don't want the chance. He's a good WR though.

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I agree with wr lets roll with what we have but we really need another cb. Hope if a decent one is cut that we would pounce

9. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

I'd take maclin over Douglas in a heartbeat.

10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Of course and there's no debate about it, Maclin all day over Douglas but would he even sign here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar