Should the Titans trade up

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ugadawg86, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

Round 1 pick 15 - 1,050 pts value

Round 1 pick 25 - 720 pts
    Round 2 pick 57 - 330 pts

So our 1st and 2nd could get it done if you stick to the value chart. Team needs and player availability tend to effect what a team will or won’t accept though. Say for AZ who could still be needing a qb, if all their qbs are gone that they were considering then they could accept a deal like this. If the Qb they want is still there then they could want a little more than equal value to risk moving back and missing out.

That being said, our 1st and 2nd round for 1 player that we really want could be a good trade up. This roster is getting close to being only a couple pieces away.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't think I'd trade up for an interior DL (Vea) or a secondary player (Derwin) at this point.

I'm thinking EDGE (Landry) or LB (Smith or Edmunds).

3. tOSU Titan

tOSU Titan Starter

Exactly it only makes sense if the right guy falls far enough. Unless we think hell keep falling of course

4. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

A lot of the better 3-4 defenses have had great nose tackles, Vea would be nice but I doubt he would be there when we pick. Nose tackles typically eat up blockers, Haynesworth was a penetrating DT for us when we ran a 4-3

5. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

I didn’t realize Vea was that versatile. If that’s the case then I wouldn’t mind taking him if he’s available. Just don’t want to spend a 1st rounder on a NT to eat up blockers

6. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

Yea just watch some of his tape. He can get to the passer. Reminds me a lot of Aaron Donald. Might not be as much of a force, but very similar.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Not that you're biased or anything. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar