Should the Titans trade up with Cleveland and go after Baker Mayfield in the draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TT4L1, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

a lot of ppl started laying off of you because you said that, might want to stick to the original story lol

2. VondyP

4 game winning drives this season....

[​IMG]

3. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

Goodness you people are simple minded. Correct, 4 game winning drives this season. But lets look past the simple google search you did and look into the details. 2 against the 3-9 Colts.... 1 against the 5-7 Bengals... and 1 against the 0-12 Browns..... I will repeat that... we needed a game winning 4th quarter drive against the 0-12 Browns. Meaning, we are barely beating teams that are well below .500 and you only see the 4 game winning drives part of that? 4 game winning drives all against teams we should have beat handily. However, to be fair, I will concede the Bengals game. Maybe try looking at the entirety of the situation sometime? Cute gif work though!

4. VondyP

Hey check out the entirety of this situation:

8-4! 8-4!
    Marcus up to a 17-17 overall record, even after the abysmal rookie season!
    Franchise qb!!!! finally

5. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

Lol. Excellent attempt at changing the subject. I understand, facts can sometimes be difficult to argue with. However, continuing on with the "entirety of the situation"... Mariota is .500 in his career, also true. And that is against the 26th(2015), 23rd(2016), and the 30th(2017) hardest strength of schedule in the league. As stated in my previous post, many of those wins are against some of the worst teams in the league and we are barely beating them. All while having one of the most talented rosters, top to bottom, that the Titans have had in a very long time. Not to mention Mariota has been injured and missed games in each of those 3 seasons, and the current season, obviously, isn't over yet. If that screams franchise QB to you, then so be it. You'll have to pardon me for not being satisfied with mediocrity.

6. VondyP

strength of schedule means nothing in the nfl, the sooner you understand that the sooner you can come to terms with mary as our franchise qb and savior

the media has tricked you into thinking that wins by "only" x amount of points are bad wins.... they arent

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'd trade Mariota in order to get Mayfield in a heartbeat.

Mayfield plays with heart and passion.

We aren't going anywhere with Mariota, period..

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

The offensive plays are garbage. Max protect with only 2 -3 routes. With that said, Marcus has not accuracy on the deep ball, doesn't step into passes, and he throws the dumbest INTs.
    Plus, we sat Henry in the 4th. WTF!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Trade Mariota and draft Mayfield.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm not the one to give up on players so quick, especially QB's, but Mariota has hurt this team time and time again.

Too many injuries, too many costly interceptions and no heart to reel this team in at all.

I just think it's time to hold Mariota accountable for his mistakes. If he can't make any type of playoff push, then I really think it's time to move on.

Do I want to move on? No. But will it be necessary? I think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar