Should the Titans trade up with Cleveland and go after Baker Mayfield in the draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TT4L1, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

So you didn’t watch Marcus last year at all? Have you looked at his stats? After last year most commentators thought he was one of the best young qbs in the game. This year he has been hurt and had a rough year, but these picks are totally uncharacteristic. Give him time man. In the end I am pretty confident that you will be happy.

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

We actually do need a backup QB very badly. Obviously, Baker will be gone before we would consider a QB though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

I took a dump today and it ended up being a better thread

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

When you get a QB for the #2 overall pick in a draft, you don't trade up to draft a QB in a draft 3 years latter unless the former QB is a bust or has a career ending injury. MM has had season ending injuries and has been a non-audible calling, non-hot route calling, non-throwing off his front foot, INT machine. However, to trade up for Baker is not conceivable by no means.
    Baker is from the ATX, so I do have love for the guy.

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

upload_2017-11-27_20-11-12.png

He'd do that to Terry after seeing our "Stone Age" Plays

Terry's Offense
    upload_2017-11-27_20-12-48.png

• LOL LOL x 3
  6. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

this thread smells like like buffalo bills

7. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Int machine? This year he has had a lot of ints...but not last 2 years. If you look at his college and pro career ints are not the norm.

Notice this year the fumbles have decreased significantly.

8. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

One thing we know for sure....Tennessee football fans (college and pro) are impossible to please.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

I did watch him last year. And I was as disappointed last year as I am this year. By no means am I saying that he is the worst, or one of the worst, in the league. I am, however, saying that he is far from being one of the best. He has some talent, and seems like an awesome person. He just seems to lack the on field leadership to fire a team up. If you know anything about sports, the intangibles are every bit as important as the tangible qualities. Ever wonder why the Titans come out slow and flat the first half of essentially every single game this season? There is an extreme lack of leadership on field and on the sidelines. Football is a violent, passionate sport... when you have Mularkey and Mariota as your two primary leaders on a football team.... there is no doubt why they are clearly sluggish and flat each and every week coming out of the gates.

10. TT4L1

TT4L1 Starter

Also, that post about being the first year watching football was sarcasm. Tone sometimes is difficult to convey over written message. That is my bad. Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar