Should the Titans restructure Roos?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Since we are fairly tight against the cap you can assure that we are going to make some cuts and i would assume restructure a deal or 2. We have mentioned restructuring Nate, but I'm not sure I've seen any mention of restructuring Roos' deal. His non-guaranteed base salary is 6.65mil and he has no guaranteed money due to him. This actually makes him a very good candidate to restructure. I think that giving Roos a new 3 yr deal would be worth it. I would not restructure his deal though until after the draft is done because their is a chance that BPA could be a LT at #11.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I will be mad if they draft a T with their #11 pick...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We dont want to wait too long for a Tackle, it will have to be one of our top 2 picks I think.

Last year the Bears waited on their Tackle Jordan Mills, and he was terrrrrrible for them all year, but they were stuck with him cause they thought they could wait.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I don't really want one at #11 either because it just isn't an exciting pick. It isn't a guy that brings energy to the stadium on game day...like PacMan, VY, Kearse, CJ, AH...but looking long term if the BPA is a guy that can be your future LT then drafting him and plugging him in at RT for a year and then replacing Roos next yr would make sense.

Ideally I want to draft a guy that will be our defensive leader at #11.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Lets check out the market at the Tackle position.

You have Trent Williams right now playing really really good football, he earns around $8M in 2014. The next best guy Id say is Joe Thomas who is set to make $11M in 2014.

Believe it or not but Roos is still holding his own out there. He only gave up 2 sacks all year. Both Trent Williams and Joe Thomas gave up more than Roos. So I think Roos' $6M is fine for what he's putting on tape. I'd leave his situation alone, why would he give us money back, he's living up to his contract.....

6. 615nick

615nick Starter

I agree with this and your second comment. It would be nice to restructure him of course, but he gets paid fair for what he does and I think their is a good chance we use the second pick on a T, hopefully we get Richardson.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Umm Mills actually played pretty well for a rookie and only allowed 3 sacks. Not sure where you got terrible from?

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I could see Roos being able to hold his own for another 2-3 years so I'd love us to sign him to an extension. OT is just too important to let a guy who is still on of the top 5 LT in the game just walk away.

I wouldn't mind going OT at 11th overall if there isn't a guy we believe would be an impact pass rusher. A guy like Greg Robinson would give us a big boost in our running game and has enough athleticism to slide over once Roos is done.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

meh.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Who's been better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar