Should the Titans pursue tampering charges?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A Fightin'Titan, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think in this case we have a bit more evidence.

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

True but i think alot of coaches and even the commish whos attends the combine turn the other way because they all know thats where agents and coaches can talk numbers and get something out of it face to face instead of over the phone...

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Can't hurt.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Very, very true.

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

??????????????

Yeah .......we'd benefit.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

They should give us alot of picks to fill AH's shoes.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

They should at least swap picks between the two teams, and at most forfeit the pick outright to us. The Titans should also pursue charges against Tampa Bay as well.

Nope. It can't hurt, and the team has holes to fill. They need to be as aggressive as possible. I agree with TBC. I think MR and the FO have an investigation going on and are just quietly double-checking facts. Phone records are going to be found. It shouldn't be hard to prove at all. I'm sure the league knows this sort of thing goes on, and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Goodell even heard the numbers before FA. But push come to shove, that means they won't really be able to get in the way of finding in the Titans favor should they produce the required proof.

We got a lot of holes to fill and a lot of contracts coming up next year. Having the ability to add quality talent with any fodder we can muster is a no-brainer. (By the way, Detroit has three picks in the first 33, but did you know that New England has 4 of the first 58 now?) We need to do what we can to stay competitive. I mean, the Titans.

As far as I'm concerned, Albert has helped the team out one last time. Here's the pitch. It's like an "Ocean's 11." It's like "Fisher's 13" or something. Titans tell Haynes they can't pay him per se, but they can get him paid. But first, you gotta do us a favor. Albert has to play the part of Fat Clumsy Albert, leaving a trail of debaucherous negotiation that can be easily documented leading up to FA. Albert robs the 'Skins money, Titans use the NFL to get picks or position from the teams lured into the Albert Haynesworth trap, and leverage a corrupted system that has turned a blind eye toward these dealings despite the rules and by-laws negotiated with the player's union in the CBA. It's a great story. Lots of sizzle.

Anyway, you do this, MR, you do a good job of running damage control for letting 92 get away in FA.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Anyone know if it's something a team is responsible for requesting, or if the league initiates an investigation? It's obvious there was tampering - I'm not convinced Goodell would care, unless AH met the Skins in a strip bar with Pacman - but everyone knows it happened. I'd love to get an extra pick we could use to trade up or to re-stock some linemen for the future.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

The problem is, if you 'catch' the Skins with tampering, you have the mugh LARGER problem of how to penalize them. Why is this a problem? Think about it...they tampered with the Titans BEST PLAYER and a guy who became the highest defensive player in the league! Wouldn't you need to do more than slap them on the wrist?

I definitely think the Titans should pursue this to the fullest extent possible because the reward will be helpful. However, Goodell has shown he doesn't like to get involved in tricky stuff that will annoy multiple owners.

Everyone knows they tampered, but they were way too obvious which is where the League usually steps in to slap on the wrist. They don't mind you doing it as long as everyone and there grandmother don't know.

Having Haynesworth agent having dinner with Snyder the night before free agency opened is MORE than a little obvious!!! And if I recall what was reported, they agreed in principle within a couple of hours...the delay being that at least one other team was offering big money...but to make a decision and have contract details done so quickly means a lot of this was discussed beforehand...including that he DID get virtually the contract announced days before free agency!

Gut

PS - We could really use another 2nd rnd pick!

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Go get 'em MR!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar