Should the Titans have kept Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 6, 2014.

?
  1. Yes.

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No.

65 vote(s)
    83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Pffft. Munch > Fish. Fish will always have a losing record against Munchak. :anon:

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Huh? The lockout didn't begin until a month and a half after we "parted ways" with Fisher. We could've met with any coach we wanted. Instead we opted to interview three in-house coaches (one of whom was literally dying of cancer so that was never a serious option), Perry Fewell (Rooney Rule satisfaction), and Mike Mularkey (lol).

It was an absolutely pathetic excuse for a head coach "search". The lockout is no excuse for the Munchak hire. My theory is Bud simply didn't want to wait around for a legitimate rebuild/culture change. He was right in that he didn't have enough time left to wait on it. But he did the fans and the team a huge disservice in the process.

EDIT: I now see what you meant by that part I quoted. I read that as you saying the team couldn't meet with potential candidates from other teams. Still, that's not a legitimate excuse to hand the job to a woefully unqualified coach. Long-term, we would have been better off making a quality hire and just taking our lumps early on through the adjustment period. Munch had to implement a new staff/scheme anyway, same as any other coach would have.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeah and an oncoming train does not pose a problem until it hits you either. Do not tell me that you did not see the strike coming....it was completely obvious that it was coming.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

FYI I added an edit to my post just in case you read it before I made the change. I misread part of your post.

Yes, I saw the strike coming as well. Everyone did. But how exactly does that excuse making such a terrible hire? Munch couldn't meet with the team during that time either, same as any other coach wouldn't have. Are you saying we were better off with Munch simply because he was familiar? Even though he brought in an all new staff which implemented new schemes?

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yes, he brought in new assistants, but I do think that there was more continuity with him than if we would have gone outside. Note that I am not saying that I agree with the move (which is why I was lukewarm to the move when it occurred as I mentioned in my original post), I am merely trying to provide a theory for the decision (beyond the "stupid FO" theory that is often cited here). Your theory about Bud is another explanation for the move.

6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

the only reason he has so much young potential is he took a team over that sucked before and could auction off their top pick and stockpile draft picks....we have hit on quite a few of our draft picks too but when you hire a person that coached under fisher for however long munch did then you get fisher like results....the real question is should we of actually found a head coach that didnt have ties to the organization if we were starting over instead of should we over kept fisher

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The only difference Cutler would have made is he would have thrown a pick six at the end of the Ratbird playoff loss.

QB play wasn't the problem that day.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If (when) you make me a mod, could I ban you?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Aren't you really on vacation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar