Should the Titans have kept Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 6, 2014.

?
  1. Yes.

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No.

65 vote(s)
    83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

25% would rather still have Fisher?

And people say this fan base isn't complacent. ;)

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Imagine if we had drafted Cutler in 2006...

Under achieving is the only thing that would make me seriously consider firing Fisher. Damn shame we didn't win a championship between 1999 and 2003.. we had plenty of talent and coaching.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

NFW man. Fishstache is Mr .500..

He was very lucky to leverage so many #1 picks so far with the Rams.
    No coach can win without a franchise QB, ask Wisenhunt after Warner retired. Fisher has had what 6 #1 draft picks in 3 yrs but he chose to stick with Sam Bradford.

His D isn't worth chit without a QB that can win. Fisher is a dinosaur who'll never win a SB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I thought it was a JCB thread before I clicked on it

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

... then IMO we would've won a Super Bowl in '08 and this whole forum would be in love with Cutler (and Fisher).

Love him or hate him, he was far and away the best QB of that class. And even an above-average QB probably would've put us over the top that year.

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Or the chitbirds not twisting CJ's ankle while he's running train on them in the first half...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True enough. But if we had a legit QB then it might not have even mattered.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I agree with you 99.99 percent of the time, but not here.

Collins was an efficient passer that year. He did not throw many picks. Cutler is the feast or famine. He would have thrown many more picks. He has always had Brandon Marshall, we have none of the sort. Plus, we had the coaching staff that is overly conservative, which would limit his numbers.. so the touchdowns would have been less, and still a higher INT percentage than 2008 Collins, IMO.

Plus.. Lendale white and Alge Crumpler still would have and could have fumbled. I think that if you swapped around QBs taken that year.. the outcomes would be quite different.

Leinart may have been much more successful, not sitting on the bench, then trying to take over Kurt Warner's high flying circus of an offense. But who knows. Fisher would have put him in every position to succeed.

But either way.. It worked out pretty badly for all 3 of us.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Fair points. Collins was "efficient" but had a noodle arm. And CJ/Lendale still ran wild. I just can't help but imaging what they could've done if we had a QB who could stretch the field and back off the DBs. But you're right in that Cutler could've blown some games with turnovers.

Guess we'll never know. But I still think I would've liked our chances better with Cutler as opposed to Collins. With rare exception you need elite QB play to win a Super Bowl. And while Cutler is in fact inconsistent he at least possesses that elite ability. Not so much with KFC.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Where's the "Hell NO!" option??

Besides, 14-18 (a tie is a loss in my book) vs. 13-19, really Jeff?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar