Should Tennessee Cut Or Keep Chris Johnson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't care who is the RB next year as long he + Greene combine for at least 1,400 rush yards. We need to run the ball effectively.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Man, I think CJ would be a good fit in Dallas. I don't care how bad CJ has played, imagine trying to game plan against Dez Bryant, Romo, Witten, Murray when healthy, Miles Austin and Mr. 8million a year lol

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Doesn't matter. Romo would still toss an ill-timed int and lose the important games.

4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

A lot of the people will probably eat their words (Like usual) once CJ has a good season on another team. Just typical Titan on Titan hatred and vitriol.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

How many ex titans have ever done anything on another team?

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

PLEASE OH PLEASE DONT LET CJ DO SOMETHING ON ANOTHER TEAM, LORD KNOWS HE IS DOING SOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR US.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JimmyTitan

JimmyTitan Starter

I know that saying on this fan forum anything in the positive or in regards toward Chris Johnson staying put or going to remain on the team in 2014 may not be the popular opinion, especially after his production and comments as of late, but I have to make my personal statement in the matter......

It has to be very, very frustrating as an NFL Star that at one time was said to be the best back in the league and part of a very select group of athletes that has topped the 2000 yard mark in a regular 16 game season to not only "not" be utilized properly, but practically vanish during games from a coach and offensive coaching staff that truly underachieved and did a terrible job in the key area of interest they stated to vastly improve on for the last few years.

I don't blame him for feeling the way he feels, especially being taken out of the game on goal line plays during crucial times. Any top tier athlete, even quiet one's like Johnson, are going to get frustrated and fed up and want to move on to have a chance at a Championship before their careers quickly come to an end. Does his production stink as of late, of course, do his comments piss us of....goes without saying....but to lose a special player like him and that kind of speed because of a lack luster coaching staff that never truly got a grip on the NFL and their own team for that matter, is the wrong reasons to part ways with him...If he went anywhere else in the league under a veteran, playoff caliber coaching staff, I would hate to watch his career blow up again and charge into the playoffs without wearing a Titan uniform.

We have already demonstrated the kind of money management and spending in free agency with below par results that resulted in the Titans purchasing a 7-9 season, I can't imagine how much better Ruston and company will do going into the 2014 season with an extra $8 Million or what ever the number is on finding a better running back this year outside of CJ. I'd rather release Wimbley, Roos or Stewart instead.

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Are you serious? With how pass heavy they are even having a healthy Murray? And CJ talking about he wants to be fed the ball so much? That would work out really well, I'm sure.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I don't know what CJ will do next year. But I will bet the rights to my first born child it won't be worth 8 mil. Not here, not anywhere else. That is AP money.

Lol yeah. If CJ has a year comparable to AP, I'll eat my own words.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

remember when chris johnson tweeted that he eats wendys everyday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar