Should Tennessee Cut Or Keep Chris Johnson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Not worth the money and his play is declining. Easy decision to me...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wycheck pretty much said exactly what I just said about his effort being crap. Former Titan saying that carry's a lot more weigh than just me saying it. And its 100% true. Your boy quit on us once he got paid, and yet you and a few others still act like its everyone's fault but his.

3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

If we cut him to save that 8 million, we better find a replacement or put that 8 mil to good use. It can't become dead money like Oakland, or it's not even remotely worth it.

4. jwhite0303

jwhite0303 Starter

Let's get a couple things straight.

#1) He is NOT my boy.......I didn't even say whether or not I was a fan of his.

#2) I never once said it was everyone else's fault but his, stop making up stuff. I said it was just as much the Oline play and playcalling as it was his fault.

5. JCBRAVE

We'd only save $4M, but its still well worth it.

With that $4M we could get a DE/DT that we need, or even offer it to a hungry runner like Ben Tate

6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Oh well then f**k it. 4 Mil won't be that big of a difference, we already have a decent amount of cap to make a move if we cut Big Country and Wimbley. I bet you CJ gives us more production than whoever we get with that 4 Mil. 4 mil isn't enough for a major game changer.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

CJ sucks.
    OL sucks.
    Playcalling sucks.

I don't get why I'm still seeing arguments as if the problems with the run game is only one of the above.

8. JCBRAVE

$4M gets you Reggie Bush, and there's not a soul that watches football who wouldn't make that swap in a heartbeat.

Bush gets half CJ's pay and is twice as good. Too bad he's signed thru 2017 but there's a few guys who would give us what we really need for less than $4M/yr

9. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

The people that keep saying we can get a mid round pick to duplicate what he does are delusional. Look at our history first at drafting rb. He is the only one in the last decade, as far back as I looked, that has done anything at all. No promises we get one that can get 1000 yards. Second saying cj is average is also wrong. His worse season is top 12 in the nfl and top 3 in the afc. That's not average. Yes, I wish we didn't pay him 8 million, but the alternative is not better. Saving only 4 million then risking a pick is not worth it. If we miss on a rb, then what? Locker or ritz gonna throw for 350 yds a game to get us into the playoffs, no way. At least with cj we know he will not fumble or miss a game and at the least hit 1100 and could get a lot more with improved line and better play calling. Both which should happen next year. The risk it not worth it. Also, stop with the he doesn't care or try, it's obviously not true. His low yardage games are because he only got 10-12 carries, not because he didn't try. He needs to improve as well, but it's half and half

PK has a great article on the draft pick option today on his blog on espn.com, can't link where I am, but hopefully someone can.

10. JCBRAVE

First of all, this mid-round RB wouldn't need to come in and "duplicate" CJ's production. He'd merely have to come in a spell Shonn Greene.

And you saying he's not mailing it in is a load of crap. I can tell you dont watch many games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar