Should Biological Men Compete Against Women in Sport?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yep

2. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I come from a medical view point. I’m an ER nurse. It complicated things when you have a patient come in and says I’m a man but was born a woman or visa verse. There are certain disease processes that certain genders cannot have for example, women can’t get prostate cancer and men can’t get ovarian cancer.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

I didn't even think about how this mental illness(that's what this is folks) would affect things like ER/OR situations. I mean, going through the diagnosis process for a man, only to find out it's really a woman, could cost lives. Oh well the Darwin award for stupidity gets another winner I guess.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Hey, at least that person will die being who they are.

• LOL LOL x 3
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

A leading researcher on gender psychology at the University of Toronto (not Jordan Peterson, same school but different prof) shared the conclusions of his decades of research on Twitter. In it he called transgenderism a mental disorder and, among other things, advocated for sex changes as a last resort but that a sex change should not be considered until someone is an adult.

He was reported for hate speech for sharing his scientific research.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Doesn't seem too groundbreaking to me.

If it's not mental then it is biological, and none of the activists want that because it flies in the face of freely choosing your gender.

I guess you could say it isn't a disorder, but that seems disingenuous when you look at the depression/suicide rate in trans people.

Then again, neither of those matter when neither logical consistancy nor helping trans people are your top priority.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The crux of his scientific research is that it is fine to have people be transgendered, as a last resort, after other therapy has failed.

Which conflicts with the all the people who have trans kids. Basically, at the first sign a kid may have Gender Dysphoria the parents immediately transition the kid.

Some parents now even raise their children to be completely gender neutral.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 8and8

8and8 Starter

If they are going to allow this, can we at least get some of these dudes or umm former dudes to play in the WNBA. Might be the only way for the WNBA to stay relevant

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

WNBA still a thing?

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Is this really a debate still?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar