Sheftner Reports Stallworth Visiting Tenn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANFANATIC911, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Diddnt mean to sound like I KNEW that he was signing. Im just trying to be optimistic. If he really wanted to play in NE he woulda took the deal.. He obviously wants to play with VY. So hes pretty much a Titan. We wont let him leave Nashville

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Reinfeldt is quoted in the paper today saying that unless Stallworth gets a long-term deal, he'll sign a one-year offer that allows him to go back to free agency next season.

The Pats may have wanted to get him for only a year and the Titans may offer something longer.

If they are certain Givens is out for the season, this might be a solid option. Otherwise, I don't do it.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree TJ, but I don't sign him for anything longer than a year either. And honestly- would you rather play for the Titans or Patriots (especially with what the Pats are doing in FA?)

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

depends what he wants.

To start

or

money.

he will be a #1 here, he won't be in New England.

5. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Who will be the #1 in NE?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well you don't pay the ridiculous amount they paid Wes Welker to be a #2 or beyond.

Despite the fact he is not a #1 WRs a/hole. They also have Chad Jackson who was the second pick by them last year.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

chad jackson tore his acl in the playoffs.

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

ridiculous amount? 5 years/19 mil is closer to Bobby Wade money and Bennett just signed 6 years/$30 mil... Welker's contract is more like slot WR money this year.

How is he not a #1? He was a #1 last year and produced very well when healthy.

Chad Jackson tore his ACL in the playoffs last year and did not produce last year before he got hurt a/hole

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So we are basically screwed? With the money flying around for even 2nd WRs we know a long term deal for Stallworth is going to be expensive. Even if we get him for a year what does that solve. If he stinks or can't stay healthy we lost money for nothing. If he is solid and a big play maker for us the money he will want past next year will make Bennett's deal look like pocket change.
    IMHO I owuld offer him Welker money and tell him to take it or leave it possibly throwing in some incentives worth up to an extra mil per year. If he moves on fine, we see what Roby, Williams and Orr can do while we look to the draft and some other 2nd tier WRs who become available.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Assuming the rumors are true on Stallworth, do we take the risk as we did with Henry?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar