Shea Weber accepts 14yr/100m+ from Philly

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Preditan, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

All that talk is speculation. They don't release the coaches' contract details, but that rumor could be true, and its been thrown around quite a bit.

Much like the Titans, any kind of change is a welcome one.

2. nickmsmith

Who else was really injured this year? Rinne is about it, he would have bought the team a few wins, but it all ends up right.. The team needed to be exposed for what they are. A variety of NHL 3rd and 4th liners, with a few AHL talents mixed in.

Jarnkrok is looking great, though. And smith has been good as well.

Seth jones got some experience, but he was not as much of a difference maker as hope for, but he's still really young, and has plenty of leash and time to get ready.

But the team has been pretty healthy this year, just terrible.

I can't think of a player who had to sit out a month or more this season. Seems like everything was a week or two maximum.

3. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

Well Jim Diamond wrote that his contract is up on June 30th. He's a reputable reporter, I would be surprised if he wrote that without knowing if there was any truth to it.

4. Preditan

Rinne was the big one, but Josi was out for a while. Weber, Klein, Fisher, Hornqvist, Nystrom, Stalberg (not that he played good anyways), Goose were all hurt at one point of the season.

Not saying that's the reason for the poor performance this year, but it would of been interesting to see what the boys could of done if they had all stayed completely healthy (especially Rinne).

I've always said the Preds were a glorified AHL team on the offensive front.

5. nickmsmith

Im glad. He doesn't have to get "fired" but can still be let go. Now, to purge all the crap players they signed this offseason and prior. Stalberg should probably be traded, clune sucks, nystrom is OK but overpaid.
    They were very smart in dumping off Hendricks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nickmsmith

Yeah. Stalberg needs to get gone.

Forgot about the Josi concussion early on.

The team actually improved by bounds once gaustad got hurt. It seems like he's the one trick faceoff pony. Kinda sucks that they played themselves out of a top 5-10 pick.

7. Preditan

Goose is basically Vernon Fiddler 2.0, and we gave up too much for him. This team needs to do what Pittsburgh did and draft 2 superstars in back to back drafts, and they will be set for 7+ years.

8. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Predators: A team trying to be like the LA Kings and depend on defense/goaltending to carry them.

Only difference is they don't have one goal scorer on the team, especially after Legwand. Without Weber they would be getting a number one draft pick this season. Just look at the +/-. This team needs to spend money wiser especially with this off seasons free agents (Gaborik, Heatley, Vanek, Stastny, Callahan)

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Whats going on with Forsberg? I haven't heard much about him lately. Is he developing at all?

10. Preditan

According to Trotz, who went to Miluawkee with a few coaches to watch him play, they aren't impressed with him yet. They're just taking it slow with Forsberg for now. I hope he develops and turns into a great player that I know he can be.

...or he could turn into the next Jonathon Blum

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar