Shanahan out in Denver

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's worth pointing out that Reese said publicly after he left the Titans that he picked Vince. But he may have only said that because Vince was coming off his rookie of the year season and wanted to make himself look smart. He'd have looked pretty silly at that point saying that he wanted Leinart but Bud forced him to pick the guy who ended up being the best rookie.

We'll probably never know for sure what happened...

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Please read what you just wrote. Do you really want to own that?

Some of you must be playing too much madden. Fisher is not some perpetually rated guy who is always a 90 rated coach like a computer generated guy. He is a person who can have good years and bad like players.

He overall is a good coach but he has had better years than others and he and his staff made grave errors. Most notably playing inferior players like LT, piller or a crippled eddie george. Eddie didn't even crack 3 yards a carry so why in the hell was he even out there much less getting 300 carries!

What about our bad starts? 1-4 in 2002, 3-5 in 2004, 0-5 in 2006. Fisher gets all the credit when we rebound from bad starts but he was coaching the team to that bad start.

In 05 our HC did not believe we could win and the team in turn packed it in. We lost close games to teams that had no more talent than we had to coaches you would all agree are not at fisher's level.

He is a human being who can be distracted by things like a divorce or other personal things we may not know about. He can make bad decisions that could cost us games like not kicking the FG against the texans.

Even good coaches have bad years and make poor decisions. Wow what a revelation!

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so does he still suck?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Be an a-hole all you want because i didn't like my team losing. I started one lousy thread 3 friggin years ago and now we are winning. Does that make you a genius?

Apply all this to the subject. You think shanahan sucks but herm edwards is pretty good. Can't get more deluded than that.

The titans have a great season and you are still no more relevant than when they were losing. I never predicted perpetual failure just expressed my rage at how our team played.

Grow up!

5. Fry

where, in the HELL, did i say shanahan sucks?

i also never said herm edwards was a good coach. i just said that there was probably an understanding with ownership at the beginning of the year that this season was going to be rough considering it's a rebuilding year. as long as the team improved throughout the year he would keep his job.

but just keep making things up.

6. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Back on topic. Word is here in Denver, that Bill Cowher is a reall possibility for the job as well as a couple of college coaches including Bob Stoops. As for Shanahan he will have no trouble finding a job whenever the guy wants considering he was and is still one of the most respected coaches in the league but I am not quite sure why. There is alot of rumors around saying KC or Dallas. I would say KC since Shanny seems to like to stick to old division teams like he did when he came from the Raiders to the Broncos.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"where, in the HELL, did i say shanahan sucks?"

You are arguing some point. If you don't know what that is don't blame me. I think shanahan should not have been fired and edwards should be fired. You are obviously being disagreeable for some reason.

Once you realize what you are arguing about maybe you could share it with the board.

8. Fry

9. FILOgirl

FILOgirl Guest

Take it out back...

I am shocked that Shanny Sr is out...whodathunkit? :hmm:

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:blah: this is an bunch of trumped up, manufactured hooey. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar