Several Titans involved in pot investigation

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

"An undetermined number of Tennessee Titans players regularly purchased high-dollar, hydroponically grown marijuana in ounce quantities from a Nashville drug dealer, according to court records recently filed in the drug case of a former Nashville police officer sentenced to federal prison."

Source - nashvillecitypaper.com

Um... this is not good.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the words "former Nashville police officer sentenced to federal prison" are key there.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, I also seriously question the credibility of this story. I'm not expecting any suspensions to arise out of it, but the league may conduct a mini-investigation.

But man, from a PR standpoint... this is a nightmare. I hate it when news like this comes out concerning the Titans. This is Raiders-level stuff.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Well as long as they were smoking the good stuff..........

6. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

"Transcripts filed as part of a potential appeal in the case of former Metro detective Charles R. Williams III show that state’s witness and admitted drug dealer Corey Cecil allegedly sold high-quality marijuana to multiple members of the Titans between 2003 and 2005."

There is what, maybe 15 players left on our roster from that period? How is this going to hurt the Titans now? Until I see a list naming players I really don't see it being a problem.

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

And all that hinges on how much credibility you think the drug dealer has.

8. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

9. ONUV

ONUV Starter

the players didn't weigh their weed i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar